Over the weekend, I’ll be working on a bunch of smaller projects for a shoot I’m doing next week, that I’m pretty excited about. But before I get lost in project land, I wanted to share some DIYs to try for your weekend. Here are a handful of my picks for the week…
1. shibori pillow DIY from Alice & Lois
2. sweet peach iced tea popsicles recipe - These are so good!
3. pineapple boat idea for sorbet from The House That Lars Built
4. circular trivets from scratch – I made these for Curbly.
5. fruit slice umbrella DIY from Studio DIY
Hope you have a great weekend.
I’ve been wanting to give our bedroom a makeover since we moved into this place last year, but it’s still sitting there basically untouched from when we move in. Minus a couple of paint swatches and a new lamp.
So, I’m hoping that a little bedroom inspiration will light a fire under me, to get going on some of the bedroom decorating I’ve been meaning to do.
Here are a handful of my favorite bedrooms at the moment…
(above) I love everything about this bedroom. Especially the bedding and copper lighting.
I would love to hang a neon sign in the bedroom. Just for fun.
Love this bedroom makeover. And I definitely want these bedside lights.
And this before and after bedroom makeover is a good one too.
And this combo of peach and grey is fun – love the pattern on these sheets.
All of these spaces are so different, but I love them all. What about you? Do you have a favorite?
For more interiors inspiration, go here.
Tomorrow is the last day of national ice cream month and I couldn’t resist posting one last ice cream idea before July is over. I’m going to miss you national ice cream month!
This month is also my blog birthday… Paper & Stitch is now officially six years old! So, I put together six DIY ice cream topping ideas to celebrate. One topping for each year P&S has been around. Hope you’ll grab a sweet treat and celebrate with me.
Here are 6 unique ice cream toppings to celebrate the last two days of national ice cream month (and my blog b-day)…
1. Fruity Pebbles - The most colorful ice cream topping / cereal ever created. Better than sprinkles, if you ask me.
2. Lemonheads - These are just fun. Polka dot ice cream? Come on. You know you want to try this.
3. Dehydrated Marshmallows - AKA the only reason why anyone buys Lucky Charms cereal. You can pick the marshmallows out of the cereal box, or order a bag of just marshmallows from Amazon and fulfill your childhood fantasy. No regrets.
4. Wasabi Peas - Okay this is the weird one of the group, but it’s an interesting combo with ice cream. Salty and sweet. And a little bit spicy.
5. Watermelon Sour Gummies - It’s still summer, after all, so I needed a little watermelon in the mix.
6. Fancy Licorice - If you remember this post, you know I’m partial to these pretty candies. And I really like licorice. So it’s a win-win for me.
…And a birthday candle to round things out.
Before I go, though, I wanted to tell you how thankful I am to every single one of you who stops by to read Paper & Stitch each day. I am fully aware that I am super lucky to be doing something I love day after day. And that wouldn’t have ever been possible without you. For real. Your support means so much to me! So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You’re the best!!!
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff