Plaid was all the rage last fall, and it’s making a comeback for 2009! Look for sophisticated shapes and jewel tones mixed with black and white for a look that’s classic-meets-modern. Stay away from shapeless garments, flannel, and red plaid to avoid the lumberjack look.
1. The drapey shape and black and white color scheme of this chiffon blouse make it oh-so-chic. Wear it with skinny black pants and flats for a sophisticated casual look. Plaid chiffon blouse by lamixx, $34.
2. A great plaid scarf will always be in style – pick one up in your favorite color and it will instantly become a wardrobe staple. Scarf by Kenneth Cole, $48.
3. A bright pink plaid cocktail ring is unexpected and funky. Ring from Torrid, $10.
4. These plaid bow flats are perfect paired with jeans or leggings for comfy, casual weekends. Buffalo plaid flats from Charlotte Russe, $22.99.
5. I love “two-for” dresses, and this one is just adorable. It works on its own for the end of summer, and it would look equally cute with thick tights and a chunky scarf come fall. Fab plaid dress from Forever 21, $13.50.
6. Stay cute (and warm) in this purple plaid peacoat. A nice departure from the standard black or navy version… this one is classic-meets-cool. Plaid wool coat by Guess, $138.
7. These pink plaid leggings add a fun pop of color and pattern to a simple black dress or skirt. Leggings by Fleurish, $19 from Dillard’s.
This will be my last Fashion Finds post for a while… my husband and I are travelling to Paris for two weeks! I’ll be back with another post on September 21st – see you then!
Lesley of 315thomas