01/12/10
19 comments Tutorial: Tic Tac Vases by   |   19 comments

tictacvases_papernstitch

My husband loves orange tic tacs almost as much as Paulie Bleaker, and we have a lot of these empty containers laying around. So, I decided to up-cycle them into mini bud vases. They work wonderfully together and look great lined up too. All you will need are some old magazines and tic tac containers. Here’s how to make them…

Grab some empty tic tac containers and remove all the sticker labeling with soap and water. Once all the labels have been removed, use an Xacto knife or something similar to cut off the top flap. Then grab an old magazine and find an area large enough to cover your tic tac vase.

Tip: Paper Source catalogs are perfect for this. Great patterns and thick matte paper. Cut out a strip long enough to wrap around the container completely. Attach with glue and wait for it to dry. Fill with water and add flowers. Note: This works best as a single bud vase, but if you would like to add multiple flowers, weight the container down with a couple of pennies or pebbles at the bottom.

tictaccontainer_papernstitch

tictactutorial_papernstitch

tictactutorial_papernstitch

19 comments to Tutorial: Tic Tac Vases Click here to reply

this is SUCH a cute idea! ah.

Lauren Jade commented on January 12th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Wow! This is seriously cute! Now those little boxes come into great use!

Fee-AMore commented on January 12th, 2010 at 11:26 pm

This is such a great idea and they are so pretty!

A Beautiful Party commented on January 13th, 2010 at 11:10 am

So glad you like them ladies. They are really fun to make, and was thinking they would make for a nice party favor and place setting item at dinner parties too.

papernstitch commented on January 13th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Cute! I used to play with tic tac containers all the time when I was a kid! They make good boats in the bathtub :)

Sara commented on January 14th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Love this idea! We tried it and posted about it on our blog (linking back to you, of course)! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Maggie commented on January 14th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

These are so cute! What a great idea! The mention of using them as party favors makes me think they’d also be great for cheap DIY wedding decor or favors too!

Mallory commented on January 14th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

lovely idea!! i love recycle!!!

relydesign commented on January 17th, 2010 at 11:04 am

Great idea, my daughter will be excited to try this one.

rekha commented on January 18th, 2010 at 5:28 am

such a cute idea! tic tac boxes always remind me of the movie juno now.

jen jafarzadeh commented on January 25th, 2010 at 10:13 am

Thank you for inspirational eye candy! I just posted the tutorial on my blog today, and linked back to you. Thanks for sharing! I want to go make them right now!

Paige Galla commented on February 4th, 2010 at 7:49 am

Very innovative! I always knew there was something else to do with those empty Tic-Tac containers besides flipping the lid over and over. Definitely will try this soon!

actsofflair commented on February 24th, 2010 at 11:26 pm

[...] foto e o tutorial são do Paper n stitch. Clica aqui para ver [...]

tic-tac « vidabuscavida commented on February 25th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

[...] adorable Paper N Stitch blog made me swoon recently when I saw this Tic Tac Vase Tutorial, and since so many of our 2010 brides are crafty, DIY geniuses, I just had to share [...]

Paige One Events » Blog Archive » DIY: Tic Tac Vases commented on July 6th, 2010 at 1:09 am

Wow, this is a great idea! I’ve mentioned your tutorial on my blog Five Sixteenths here: http://fivesixteenthsblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/neat-diy-recycle-project-tic-tac-vase.html

Hope you’ll pop by!

Moe commented on October 26th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

can I use this in my ICT project, if i get no answer i will count it as a yes

sam flay commented on April 6th, 2011 at 8:41 am

I just emailed you Sam.

papernstitch commented on April 6th, 2011 at 9:50 am

[...] 3. Podés usar la cajita también como Zippo: [...]

Diferentes usos creativos para las cajitas de TicTac commented on June 1st, 2013 at 1:13 am

[…] Paper & Stitch habe ich diese schöne Idee gefunden, wie man aus leeren tic tac-Dosen eine hübsche und schnelle […]

Bastelideen - schnell und einfach - We Heart Home commented on August 21st, 2013 at 11:00 am