In an attempt to organize my thoughts and of course, my odds and ends, I created this bulletin board using recycled and vintage materials, that has a special pocket too. Its cork, so you can stick things right to it quick and easy. And you can do it too...
What do I need for this project? Materials: Recycled Frame, Cardboard or other hard-backing, fabric (or recycled hankies, which I used), cork, staple gun, craft glue, paint and brush
How do I make this? Steps: 1. Clean recycled frame, so it is ready for paint. Cut cardboard to fit inside frame.
2. Take cut cardboard and begin gluing thin pieces of cork to surface. Covering the entire piece.
3. While waiting for glue to dry, begin painting the frame with several layers of paint. I like to use leftover house paint because it dries flat and is very durable.
4. While waiting for paint to dry, begin wrapping fabric around the front of cork-covered cardboard and pull around to back to secure with staple gun. I used a vintage handkerchief instead of fabric for the larger fabric piece.
5. To create a pocket for the "bottom" of the bulletin board, I added an inexpensive linen separate from the larger piece. I folded the linen in half and ironed it to create a finished edge. And then overlapped the linen on top of the large navy piece by two inches and secured it in the back with a staple gun, but left the front open, creating the pocket.
6. Once that is done and the paint is dry on the frame, pop the finished cardboard/fabric piece into the frame and secure in the back. Now, its ready to hang or lean up against your dresser.
Side note: I actually had a different tutorial planned for today. One that is more Valentine's inspired. But I unfortunately couldn't finish it in time. So, check back tomorrow...fingers crossed, I might just have that tutorial ready for tomorrow. Until then, visit the tutorials page to create more than 25 fun projects.