11/18/10
10 comments My Answer to the Question Why do you Create? by   |   10 comments

Remember that post from way back (about a month ago), when I asked the question, ‘why do you create?’. Well, after more than 50 responses, I thought it was time I answered that question for myself as well. In a video, no less. Oh yeah, I am getting real crazy with the technology now. First a podcast and now this. Hope you’ll check it out.

This entry is filed under , , , .
10 comments to My Answer to the Question Why do you Create? Click here to reply

I loved this video. My Mom also used to doodle while she was on the phone and I remember watching her do that as a kid and while growing up. I sort of took that from her and do the same thing now. It’s almost as if your mind is still creating even when you are not really thinking about it and it’s intersting to look back at those doodles and see what came out.
Heidi Y. recently posted..I bought another white dress!

Heidi Y. commented on November 18th, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Heidi- That is super cool that you mom and my mom both doodle on the phone. And I love what you said here, “It’s almost as if your mind is still creating even when you are not really thinking about it and it’s intersting to look back at those doodles and see what came out.”

That is so true! In fact, my paintings have a lot to do with this idea and automatism in general. Thanks for sharing!

papernstitch commented on November 18th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

How interesting Brittni! I loved listening to your personal story. It is so different to see someone on video-I am sure it takes guts to do it as well!-
but it really completes the *picture* of someone you have only met through their writing and work.
Thank you so much for sharing this.xx
annamaria potamiti recently posted..New work-

annamaria potamiti commented on November 18th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Annamaria. It was difficult to bite the bullet and actually put myself on video (bad lighting and all and three videos scrapped before this one) but I am hoping to connect with everyone around here on a more personal level. So, I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Have a good one!

papernstitch commented on November 18th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Video blogging is pretty great and I’m really glad you’re starting to do it! It’s definitely something I’ve thought about for my new site… Hmm. I think I need a video camera!

I’m excited for this part of your blog :)

Brittany Broas (The Home Ground) commented on November 18th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I think video is pretty great too Brittany. I’ve been watching so many videos and listening to lots of podcasts in the last few months, I just couldn’t wait any longer to get in on the action. :)
I would definitely recommend it for ANYONE with a business.

papernstitch commented on November 18th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Bravo girl! Great job and oh so brave!! :)

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design commented on November 18th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

loveeeeeee the new technology!!! podcast + videos ohhh my… it’s awesome!

Mayi Carles @ Heartmade commented on November 18th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this Brittni, it is really fun to hear your voice, and I can completely relate to the love of doodles too!
clare recently posted..Cabana- sewn print

clare commented on November 19th, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Yeah! Doodles are awesome! Have a great weekend Clare.

papernstitch commented on November 19th, 2010 at 7:29 pm