02/15/11
11 comments Video Tutorial: How to Make Faux Porcelain Milk Bottles + Pom Poms by   |   11 comments

A guest post by Jenn of Monkey & Squirrel.

I have been head over heals for the porcelain milk bottles (like these) that I’ve been spotting on numerous design blogs and such. As much as I would absolutely love to own a gazillion of them, I simply can’t find room in my ever so limited budget to splurge on a tiny bit of decor. Here’s the good news though… I’ve come up with a “fake it till you make it” solution!

All you need is… 1. milk bottles (or any glass bottle really) 2. spray primer (I love kilz and nothing else!)

And for the pom pom flowers… 1. pom poms 2. glue (almost any will do here) 3. twigs (free in your backyard… or perhaps your neighbors) and VOILA!!!

Here’s the how-to video along with a cute little song…

*You just want to make sure to do light coats of the primer to get that textured ceramic look and no drippies. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed doing it!

More about Jenn: She is a dog-loving, crafty vegan, who enjoys embroidery and cast iron (two things that can be found in her shop, Monkey & Squirrel). She also has a blog by the same name. For updates, you can follow Jenn on twitter @monkeyNsquirrel.

For more ideas for quick and easy projects, click here to visit the craft tutorials and diy page  filled with more than 50 diy’s. If you like this diy project, please help Jenn and I spread the word by using the twitter and facebook buttons below. Thank you so much.

11 comments to Video Tutorial: How to Make Faux Porcelain Milk Bottles + Pom Poms Click here to reply

ohhh my goodness! this is candy to my eyes. added to my diy’s to do list! so clever + lovely + L-O-O-V-E the video!

Mayi Carles @ Heartmade commented on February 15th, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Yeah, I love it too. Jenn did a great job!

papernstitch commented on February 15th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Fabulous post and great upbeat little video!
So looking forward to being able to spray paint once again after this ice age melts!
Monica recently posted..Story Board

Monica commented on February 15th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Isn’t that video fun Monica? I love it.

papernstitch commented on February 15th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

awesome!!!!
thea recently posted..Fresh flowers from my beautiful momFresh food – made with gusto… and eaten twice… oops

thea commented on February 15th, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Love your bottles:)
Melissa recently posted..Flickr for the PIF

Melissa commented on February 15th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by brittni mehlhoff and Sweet Rustic, Spoonful. Spoonful said: How to Make Faux Porcelain Milk Bottles, fun! : http://t.co/024J48p [...]

Tweets that mention Video Tutorial: How to Make Faux Porcelain Milk Bottles + Pom Poms | papernstitch -- Topsy.com commented on February 15th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Cool video. The music is so upbeat. I keep playing it over and over.

dara s commented on February 15th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I love this! Where did you find the glass bottles? I’m definitely putting this one on my to-do list.

I also really like the song!
Deb recently posted..Creative Rebirth

Deb commented on February 17th, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I love the milk bottle look! I’ve got a bunch of jars that are just begging for this treatment. I think it’ll be my first project of spring!! :) xoxo

megan v commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Too cool! I linked this to my milk glass post today as well, I find the best posts and link them up! Well done!!
Inspire Me Heather recently posted..project: milk glass