02/23/11
13 comments Creating Success for your Business + Other Advice for Creative Entrepreneurs by   |   13 comments

Since I started doing videos a few months ago, I’ve been receiving more and more requests for these multi-media types of posts. And I personally really enjoy doing them. So, as part of a new series, I have decided to begin interviewing bloggers, business owners, and designers, as a way of getting you the valuable information your business (and/or blog) needs.

On that note, I am excited to have Tara Gentile of Scoutie Girl as my very first guest today. You most likely already know Tara’s name and perhaps even her digital products, as she has been featured on sites like ProBlogger, Design Sponge, and many more for her business savvy ways and her passion for the creative community and beyond.

Here’s what we discussed in the podcast:

-Creating success for your business

-Establishing yourself as an authority in your niche

-Advice for creative entrepreneurs

-How to land guest posts on larger and smaller blogs

-And more

Listen to the 30 minute interview now…

Interview with Tara Gentile of Scoutie Girl

As mentioned in the podcast, Tara has a brand new course called The Art of Action that can take you “from aspiration to actualization to accomplishment” in whatever it is that you do, whether its blogging, jewelry making, coaching, etc.

Click here to view more details on the Art of Action.

*affiliate link- I only recommend people and products who I know and trust. and who also happen to be awesome.

You can visit Tara Gentile at taragentile.com and Scoutie Girl for more inspiration on life, business, and beyond. And you can also follow Tara on twitter @scoutiegirlblog.

13 comments to Creating Success for your Business + Other Advice for Creative Entrepreneurs Click here to reply

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by brittni mehlhoff and Patsy Kay Kolesar, tara gentile. tara gentile said: creating success for your biz – a podcast interview with ME on @papernstitch! http://ht.ly/422Ni [...]

Tweets that mention Creating Success for your Business Podcast | papernstitch -- Topsy.com commented on February 23rd, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Great podcast. I enjoyed it a whole lot. I’m a huge fan of Tara + here message. There is something about it that just makes me go: “I get it… I totally get it”. It clicks + connects me immediately + that is very refreshing to find now days.

By the way loving this new series, I can’t wait to hear more!

Mayi Carles @ Heartmade commented on February 23rd, 2011 at 4:06 pm

That’s wonderful Mayi. So glad you enjoyed the podcast. And yep, I know exactly what you mean. Tara has a great way of saying things in a thoughtful way, but also a way that people can understand easily. My type of girl.

papernstitch commented on February 23rd, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Can’t wait to listen to it, I’ve just downloaded Mrs. Gentile’s e-book and guide a few hours ago, and seeing her here again makes me think I’m onto something :) Thanks a lot, Your timing is always perfect, Brittni!
Sanja recently posted..Unemployed on Wednesday – Reading

Sanja commented on February 23rd, 2011 at 6:57 pm

That’s great Sanja. You are definitely on to something. I am sure you’ll love Tara’s ebook.

papernstitch commented on February 23rd, 2011 at 7:03 pm

So enjoyed listening to this. Some great advice here! Posted on my PB page and retweeted <3
Leanda recently posted..spring fever

Leanda commented on February 24th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Thanks for the social media love Leanda. Glad you liked the podcast.

papernstitch commented on February 24th, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Great interview Brittni! You sound so together & calm. I think I’d be nervous! Anyway, loved the podcast. I always enjoy hearing what Tara has to say!
Meagan recently posted..Welcome to my NEW Website!

Meagan commented on February 24th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Thanks Meagan. Its funny you say that I sounded calm and together, because in my head I felt the exact opposite. I am still getting use to interviewing other people. It’s quite different than doing a podcast alone or sitting my butt in a chair and making a video by myself. So, I am working out the kinks. But I am really glad that you enjoyed it. Tara always has great things to share.

papernstitch commented on February 24th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Well done, both of you. I’m new to Paper n Stitch and I’m heading out to check out more.

Tara, you’re my hero! You’re so articulate and when I listen/read/watch you I find myself saying “YES! That’s it!” So thank you for being so open and sharing so much.
Deanna recently posted..Guest Post at Live Happy

Deanna commented on March 7th, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Welcome Deanna. Thanks for stopping by papernstitch. So glad you enjoyed the podcast with Tara.

papernstitch commented on March 7th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Am I able to download this in iTunes?
Talia recently posted..Keeping Holiday Memories- Flag Frame Tutorial

Talia commented on March 10th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

At the moment, no. Unfortunately. Sorry about that Talia.

papernstitch commented on March 10th, 2011 at 10:55 pm