03/22/11
18 comments A Turquoise Craft Space That’s not Afraid of Color: Tippy Stockton’s Studio by   |   18 comments

Patricia of the jewelry shop, Tippy Stockton, recently shared some images with me of her cheery, turquoise studio nestled on Pugent Sound. There’s a lot to see in this small (adorable) space, and all the photos are below. But before we get to that, I also asked Patricia a few questions about her studio and her vintage inspired jewelry line…

-You have so many designs, and the styles range from quirky antique vibes to fun and funky feelings. So, I am curious to know how you describe your work?

I would have to say that I am completely inspired by color, texture and all things Vintage. I inherited a jewelry box of Vintage pieces that belonged to my Mom and Grandmother. I realized they still had a place in today’s world, so I just put a new spin on them.

-How long have you been creating  jewelry?

Really just for a couple of years since the death of both of my parents. I was kind of a lost soul; I didn’t know what I wanted to do other than to be by myself. So I set up a table and began creating, and here I am today.

-It’s inspiring to hear that something positive came out of such a tragic situation for you. Do you have any advice for other artists who may be just starting out, or are struggling to be seen?

This is still a tough one for me. I always want more. Be yourself, network with friends and family, do shows, start a blog – just put yourself out there.

-Absolutely. Speaking of putting yourself out there, your studio is oozing with personality. It’s absolutely adorable. Where is it located?

My sweet studio sits on a bit of land on our property under a huge Spruce tree and surrounded by Lilacs, hydrangea’s, and roses. I live on Puget Sound in WA state just a few blocks from the water.

-Sounds amazing. How many hours per week do you spend there?

Thirty +

-You seem pretty active with promoting your shop outside of the Etsy community. What ways do your promote yourself and your work online?

I have a blog, where I try to write something about my work at least once a week. I then post it to my Facebook page, which then posts it to Twitter. I have an ETSY Site, but I’m in the process of opening my own website. I’ve also been very lucky to have been featured in Lucky Magazine, 425 Magazine (a local magazine for the Seattle area), Matthew Mead Holiday, and the upcoming book from Where Women Cook.

-Congrats on those recent features. Print publication are a great way to get your name out there. I actually have one last question for you… What artist or artisan would you most like to work with on a project in your lifetime? And why?

I would have loved to have worked with Miriam Haskell, a jewelry designer at the turn of the last century. She had such an eye for detail and beauty for the simplest things.

Special Offer: Take 20% off your entire order at Tippy Stockton now through March 25th, when you use coupon code ANNIVERSARY20 at checkout. Sale Ends 3/25/11.

Visit Patricia’s online jewelry shop, Tippy Stockton, to view more of her collection of vintage inspired jewelry. And for updates, visit the Tippy Stockton blog.

This entry is filed under , .
18 comments to A Turquoise Craft Space That’s not Afraid of Color: Tippy Stockton’s Studio Click here to reply

what an awesome space, and I love that it’s it’s own little building! wow.
jen recently posted..Crazy for kitties

jen commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 10:48 am

I agree Jen. I love that its separate. Like a nice little getaway.

papernstitch commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 10:50 am

sooooo cute, looks like something out of mr. rogers neighborhood! :-)

Anna commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 10:54 am

Oh yes! You hit the nail on the head Anna. Glad you enjoyed the tour.

papernstitch commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 10:55 am

Love the little backyard studio! My grandfather built my grandmother a little art studio in their backyard and I used to love spending time there. Looking forward to having one of my own once we’ve settled somewhere in the Pacific Northwest ( maybe even Puget Sound! ).
Lesley Hamilton Frenz recently posted..Coming soon to a cultured computer near you

Lesley Hamilton Frenz commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 10:56 am

What a sweet story Lesley. Hope you get that studio of your own one day. Thanks for stopping by. Good to “see” you here. :)

papernstitch commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:22 am

Wow – her space is so organized and so pretty. It seems like it would just breed creativity!

Gina_AcuteDesigns commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 am

I can’t get enough of this studio! It’s just my style!
Please Note recently posted..Weekly Swap Meet Finds- Before and After

Please Note commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 am

So cute, colorful, and inspiring!

Lindsay Jewell commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm

“It seems like it would just breed creativity!” I can agree with that Gina.

papernstitch commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 12:31 pm

oh such a cute studio, i wish!!!!! that turquoise is really amazing and energetic!!!! ;) i am glad that you shared! twiggs
Twiggs recently posted..this week’s story – my beloved pet

Twiggs commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 12:33 pm

WOW! Now that is a studio! What lovely happy colors. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little garden like that also? :::SIGH:::

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

Janee Lookerse commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Yes! It would be nice. I love little gardens. And I agree Twiggs- very energetic.

papernstitch commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 5:40 pm

What an amazing little studio! So sweet! :)

Eileen commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Very sweet, just like Patricia!

: )

Julie M.

Julie M. ~ The Little Red Shop commented on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Have been lucky enough to visit this little studio…even lovelier in person. Patricia is an inspiration!

Lisa Hilderbrand commented on March 23rd, 2011 at 1:43 am

that is the greatest workplace ever. i love the color but look at this little shed?! it’s adorable. so so adorable!
lou recently posted..Hand-stamped Notepad -Blah-

lou commented on March 24th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

[...] I would so love to have a tiny little house in my backyard as my office/studio. I’m going to add this to my list of ‘must-haves’ for our someday forever home. (via papernstitch) [...]

Friday Loves: March 25, 2011 « Home Making commented on March 25th, 2011 at 4:50 pm