06/29/11
19 comments Create a Successful Niche Blog by   |   19 comments

Today I am chatting with Kristen Magee of the popular niche blog, Paper Crave, for our next papernstitch podcast. I’ve been getting a lot of questions from readers lately about blogging, and I thought Kristen would be a great person to interview. She has been blogging at Paper Crave for almost five years now, and as you can imagine, has a lot to say about running a successful niche blog.

If you are thinking of starting a blog, or you already have a blog that you are hoping to take to the next level, you need to listen to this interview.

—-

Here’s what we discussed in the 60 minute podcast:

-The ins and outs of creating and writing a niche blog.

-Monetization options for bloggers in a niche market.

-What you need to know before you submit your work to a blog for a feature.

-And more.

You can visit Kristen Magee on Paper Crave and Invitation Crush for more paper inspiration, and Domestifluff for kitchen and crafting. You can also follow Kristen on twitter @papercrave.

If you like this interview, please help Kristen and I spread the word by using the buttons below (twitter, facebook, stumbleupon).

Listen to the podcast now…

19 comments to Create a Successful Niche Blog Click here to reply

YAYYYY the podcasts are back. I love learning more about Kristen, specially since I’m a big fan of Paper Crave.

The advice about zooming in on your niche was head on + really struck a cord with me!

Making a post it: “Riches are in the niches”.

Brilliant!

Off to browse more Paper Crave!
Mayi Carles recently posted..I’m Crazy For Post It Notes

Mayi Carles commented on June 29th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Hey Mayi. Yep, they are definitely back. In fact, I have a few lined up for the coming months already. So, hopefully we’ll keep ‘em going. Yep, I love that phrase “riches are in the niches”. It seems like that idea kept coming up in my conversation with Kristen. Thanks for listening.

papernstitch commented on June 29th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I started my blog this year and am always happy to get good advice!

Thank you!
Chisa recently posted..Japan Archives: Shopping in Japan

Chisa commented on June 29th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Very cool Chisa. Glad this helped you.

papernstitch commented on June 29th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Thanks so much for listening, everyone!

Mayi – I’ve filed away “riches are in the niches”, too. That’s a great one, Brittni!

Kristen commented on June 29th, 2011 at 5:46 pm

[...] met up (virtually) to do a little podcasting, and we ended up having a really great chat about how to build a successful niche blog, so please head on over and check it [...]

Creating a Successful Niche Blog | Paper Crave commented on June 29th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

This podcast was amazing! I hope there are more like this soon. I just started a blog and I loved the advice and what was said was so helpful!

Nancy commented on June 29th, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Listening now and loving it :) Very inspiring at exactly the right moment for me! Thank you!

mariah commented on June 30th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

brittni and kristen – thanks so much for this. lots of food for thought in the podcast! excited to learn about your new ventures too kristen, i’m sure they’ll be awesome :)

amy - thank you cards shop commented on July 1st, 2011 at 1:00 am

Great to hear the positive feedback. It’s been a while since the last Papernstitch podcast, I am thrilled to get it back into “full-swing”.

papernstitch commented on July 1st, 2011 at 8:01 am

Awesome podcast…especially the part about perfection…soooooo have to ditch the perfection procrastination!

Fee Jardine commented on July 1st, 2011 at 9:11 am

Brilliant! Thanks for all the advice.
Have shared the podcast on my blog: porsbydesign.blogspot.com
maria – porsbydesign recently posted..Lisbon – Black Pearl Bracelet

maria - porsbydesign commented on July 1st, 2011 at 10:39 am

Great podcast, thanks ladies! The advertising I did on Paper Crave (and papernstitch!) did wonders for my little shop and really helped boost my biz. Plan to do more in the future as both of you are wonderful to work with :)

Two Pooch Paperie commented on July 6th, 2011 at 10:57 am

Great interview! Very helpful and informative…for us newbies its so easy to be completely scattered sometimes with ideas, so this gave some very good direction. some good FOCUS! Definitely going to try to apply it…thank you for taking the time to do this!
Renee Hathaway recently posted..STAX and Sax! A Little Wine, Ocean Breeze and a Bit of Bossa Nova..Reasons Visit to Morro Bay

Renee Hathaway commented on July 7th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hi, a few days ago, I was searching the web for something (I now can’t remember what it was!) and came across Papercrave, where Kristen mentioned this podcast and listened to it while my daughter was napping. Very interesting and informative! I’m about to open a little online shop of my paintings which are based on my cookie designs, so I found a lot of your discussion helpful. Thanks!
mari recently posted..Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions. A book review.

mari commented on July 7th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Great talk! really enjoy it! I never heard about “riches are in the niches” and I like it!

Suki commented on July 8th, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Finally got around to listening to this podcast ! And it is so awesome to hear such valuable advice .My favorite is “riches are in the niches”
Its so true..the most successful blogs are the ones that have a specific niche..thanks for doing this, Brittni. I look forward to more of these in the future.
lakshmi recently posted..Weekend reading with your Cuppa Joe

lakshmi commented on July 10th, 2011 at 3:54 am

Thanks for the podcast ,needed it

Techiespider commented on July 24th, 2011 at 2:40 pm

[…] Blog Post:  Create a Successful Niche Blog  // Fave DIY: Make This: Pink and Yellow for a Spring […]

My Fave Craft Blogs | Catshy Crafts commented on September 6th, 2013 at 11:20 pm