This contributor post was written by Michael Ann of Michael Ann Made.
Hello friends of papernstitch!
My favorite part about the holidays is giving gifts, but my second favorite part is wrapping them! I thought it would be fun to share with you today an easy and quick DIY for a felt gift card envelope. Gift cards can be a great simple gift, but making a unique little envelope to put them in can make them extra special.
Here are the materials you'll need:
1. Felt! The brighter and more fun the colors, the better.
2. Sewing Supplies - Scissors, Embroidery Thread, Pins, Needle.
3. A Gift Card Envelope Template. Instead of going through the mathematics I used, I created a downloadable template just for you! Just click through the image below to save and print out your template, made to fit standard sized gift cards.
4. Your Gift Card.
Here's how you make it:
1. Cut out your envelope using the template. Also cut out any details you would like to add, like a stamp or an address tag. Make it unique!
2. Stitch details onto the front of the envelope. It is much easier to stitch when the envelope isn't sewn together yet. Use bright thread and have fun creating special details!
3. Stitch together the back of the envelope. Using your fingers, fold along the edges, pressing hard to create a good crease. Then pin together the bottom and side flaps, and stitch them together. I used a straight stitch, but a different decorative stitch could be fun too!
4. Insert your gift card and give it away!
Now look at how simple that was! This project can easily be made in fifteen minutes, just one more quick trick in your gift giving arsenal. Good luck with your crafting, and Happy Holidays friends!
Like this tutorial? Help spread the word by sharing it on facebook, twitter, or stumbleupon using the handy buttons below.