05/11/12
18 comments From the inside out: 19 DIY home projects for indoors + outdoors by   |   18 comments

Now that we are living in an apartment again, we have a new set of challenges when it comes to decorating. Our old house was too small, and our new apartment is almost twice the size of our old space, BUT we don’t own this one. So it feels very temporary and it doesn’t feel like we can lay down roots. Do you know what I mean?

Luckily, I am obsessed with DIY projects and have found a bunch of handmade touches that I can whip up in no time to make our new(ish) space feel like home. Here are 16 DIY projects for the indoors and out…

Small Housewares

1. DIY Succulent Wraps from Camille Styles 2. DIY Clay Pots by Claire for Say Yes to Hoboken

3. DIY Wall Clock from Scandinavian Deko 4. Make a Chevron Pillow from Biscuits and Jam

Wall Art

5. Geometric Wall Art (yep this is a diy) from Kate for Design Sponge

6. DIY Book Frame Wall Art from Lauren Elise for Papernstitch

7. Nail and String Wall Art from Jen Loves Kev

8. Wood Pendant DIY from my buddy Chris at ManMade

Furniture

9. Create a custom Storage Ottoman from Katherine for Papernstitch 10. Make an easy cushion Ottoman from Casasugar

11. DIY Dog Crate Coffee Table from HGTV (by Erin of Design for Mankind – found via Dog Milk)

*I know this one doesn’t exactly look fast or easy, but I love it.

12. DIY Tree Stump Table from Martha Stewart

13. Upholster a Chair with DIY Printed Fabric from How About Orange

Lighting + Accessories

14. DIY Cardboard Chandelier from Kayte for Etsy’s Blog

15. Modern DIY Coatrack from Weekday Carnival

The Great Outdoors

16. Chevron Recycled Wood Planter Box from Zelo Photo  17. Color Block Terra Cotta Pots from A Beautiful Mess

18. Outdoor Kitchen DIY (free pdf instructions) from Studio Mama

19. Outdoor Lighting DIY from Lowe’s

What problems are you currently tackling with your home?

Let me know in the comments below.

P.S. If you’re looking for craft project ideas for Mother’s Day, check out this roundup of 25 projects you can finish up last minute (with the kiddos if you have any) to get you through the holiday. One of my projects made the list at #3.

18 comments to From the inside out: 19 DIY home projects for indoors + outdoors Click here to reply

Thanks so much for featuring our succulents wraps! Best of luck with your projects :)
Chanel // Camillestyles.com recently posted..On My Nightstand

Chanel // Camillestyles.com commented on May 11th, 2012 at 10:21 am

RT @papernstitch: From the Inside Out: 19 DIY home projects for indoors + outdoors: Now that we are living in… http://t.co/PWbfUtwu

Katy (@bustmybutton) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hi Chanel. Thanks for stopping by. I love seeing DIYs on Camille Styles. That succulent wrap is a great project! Have a good weekend!

papernstitch commented on May 11th, 2012 at 10:46 am

I love all of these ideas! I wish I had the time to do them all! :D
-Tia
sewcalmama.blogspot.com

Tia commented on May 11th, 2012 at 10:58 am

I wish I had time to do them all too Tia. I’ll think I’ll just start with a few. :)

papernstitch commented on May 11th, 2012 at 11:01 am

Thanks for this post…I love so many of the ideas! We also rent and are always looking for ways to spruce up the magnolia walls!!
Hannah recently posted..I want to eat healthily…

Hannah commented on May 11th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Hi Hannah! Looks like we have a lot in common because I just went over to your blog and…I want to eat healthy too (but creme brulee always seems to change my mind). Thanks for stopping by.

papernstitch commented on May 11th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

.@camillestyles @yestohoboken @ManMadeDIY @elsiecake @erinloechner in top 19 #DIY home projects roundup http://t.co/GN4fAhk8

(@papernstitch) (@papernstitch) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Liz Stanley (@yestohoboken) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

@papernstitch From the Inside Out: 19 DIY home projects for indoors + outdoors http://t.co/XOXoM9Hv

Launch.Grow.Joy. (@AndreeaAyers) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Awesome DIY roundup Brittni -thx for including us! “@papernstitch: top 19 #DIY home projects roundup http://t.co/4HKU60IU

Camille Styles (@camillestyles) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Nice! RT @papernstitch: From the Inside Out: 19 DIY home projects for indoors + outdoors: Now that we are living in… http://t.co/udFu3B6U

Kirsten Jassies (@kirst_enj) commented on May 11th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

holy goodness… what a genius idea! i love that ottoman. I just saw some really pretty bright pattern cushions too, wishing i had a chair to fit them… I hear ya on apartment living. You’ve always got super cute DIY and ideas that help make any place feel like home :)

ryan @ The Blooming Thread commented on May 11th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

RT @yestohoboken: Great roundup! Thanks for including ours “@papernstitch top 19 #DIY home projects roundup http://t.co/eAs5W3cH”

ImpulseSave (@impulsesave) commented on May 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Love the outdoor kitchen! Some many fab ideas! :)

Ana commented on May 13th, 2012 at 10:59 am

I cannot decide which one i want to try first! I am obsessed over that frame art!

Danielle Hardy commented on May 15th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

19 DIY home projects for indoors outdoors | papernstitch – http://t.co/9otxmPAo

Cheryl Cope (@cheryljcope) commented on May 16th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Picture really worth a thousand words! I have gotten some idea for my home interior design. Credit to the awesome photos here.

Drew White commented on May 23rd, 2012 at 1:29 am