Now that we are living in an apartment again, we have a new set of challenges when it comes to decorating. Our old house was too small, and our new apartment is almost twice the size of our old space, BUT we don’t own this one. So it feels very temporary and it doesn’t feel like we can lay down roots. Do you know what I mean?
Luckily, I am obsessed with DIY projects and have found a bunch of handmade touches that I can whip up in no time to make our new(ish) space feel like home. Here are 16 DIY projects for the indoors and out…
5. Geometric Wall Art (yep this is a diy) from Kate for Design Sponge
6. DIY Book Frame Wall Art from Lauren Elise for Papernstitch
7. Nail and String Wall Art from Jen Loves Kev
8. Wood Pendant DIY from my buddy Chris at ManMade
11. DIY Dog Crate Coffee Table from HGTV (by Erin of Design for Mankind – found via Dog Milk)
*I know this one doesn’t exactly look fast or easy, but I love it.
12. DIY Tree Stump Table from Martha Stewart
13. Upholster a Chair with DIY Printed Fabric from How About Orange
Lighting + Accessories
14. DIY Cardboard Chandelier from Kayte for Etsy’s Blog
15. Modern DIY Coatrack from Weekday Carnival
The Great Outdoors
18. Outdoor Kitchen DIY (free pdf instructions) from Studio Mama
19. Outdoor Lighting DIY from Lowe’s
What problems are you currently tackling with your home?
Let me know in the comments below.
P.S. If you’re looking for craft project ideas for Mother’s Day, check out this roundup of 25 projects you can finish up last minute (with the kiddos if you have any) to get you through the holiday. One of my projects made the list at #3.