06/20/12
12 comments Love Notes Scavenger Hunt DIY by   |   12 comments

I couldn’t resist posting this love notes project (I know – DIY posts two days in a row?!) because today is Jeff and I’s anniversary. We’ve been together for seven years now / married for three.

This year, we decided not to exchange gifts, and instead go to a nice lunch. But one of the things we’ve done in the past, which has been a big hit, is a scavenger hunt for special occasions with little notes, riddles, etc. It is always really fun. So I thought this idea for Likes & Loves Notes would be perfect for today.

I recycled the “Likes & Loves” page  from a mini notebook that came with an Anthro gift card I received. And then I added some metallic gold washi tape to the top, wrote a couple of things that I like and love about my hubby on each card, stuck them in mini envelopes, and hid them around the house.

If you need a template for mini envelopes, there’s one here that I really like.

Hope you’ll try this the next time you want to show your sweetie a little love. If you need ideas for where to hide your love messages, here are a few:

Underneath the pillows on the couch…

Behind his favorite painting….

Or in a stack of books…

Have you ever done a scavenger hunt before?

Let me know in the comments below.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
12 comments to Love Notes Scavenger Hunt DIY Click here to reply

Love Notes Scavenger Hunt DIY: I couldn’t resist posting this love notes project (I know… http://t.co/tkXXkLfj

(@papernstitch) (@papernstitch) commented on June 20th, 2012 at 10:11 am

My boyfriend just asked me to marry him this weekend, and he sent me on a scavenger hunt like this before the proposal :) :)

anna commented on June 20th, 2012 at 11:04 am

Oh my gosh. Congratulations Anna! That’s wonderful. And what an awesome guy, sending you on a scavenger hunt! So cool.

papernstitch commented on June 20th, 2012 at 11:07 am

Happy anniversary Brittni – being together for seven years really is something to celebrate. I love the scavenger hunt idea; it’s a really nice thing to do – very personal (plus it does sound like a lot of fun)! Have a beautiful day celebrating your love!
Dear Demoiselle recently posted..Almost summer

Dear Demoiselle commented on June 20th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Thanks so much Dear Demoiselle. :)

papernstitch commented on June 20th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

This is an adorable idea :)

tia commented on June 20th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

i can’t wait to make this envelope! so cute and a great gift idea!

Nancy commented on June 22nd, 2012 at 12:41 am

OO. I’ve never been on a love note scavenger hunt but I always did scavenger hunts with the kiddos I worked with and they never got tired of it!

April
from della nonna
april recently posted..high and low

april commented on June 22nd, 2012 at 2:24 am

So cute! I love this idea :)

Danielle Hardy commented on June 27th, 2012 at 2:44 am

Going to try this out this weekend to tell my boyfriend I love him for the first time. Thank you for the idea!!!

LeighPhotography commented on November 15th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

My husband and I do this all the time! It really is fun way to give a special gift!

Isabel Marques commented on February 18th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Oh cool Isabel. Isn’t it fun? I feel like a kid again whenever we do this.

papernstitch commented on February 18th, 2013 at 3:14 pm