09/21/12
9 comments Spotted & Dotted: 9 Polka Dot DIYs to Try this Weekend by   |   9 comments

I like to think of dots as a classic – a pattern that never goes out of style – kind of like stripes. And more recently they (dots) have been popping up in a big way, especially in the DIY community. So I found a handful of my absolute favorites polka dot projects to share and inspire before the weekend is here. Enjoy!

1. polka dot pillowcase diy from Claire of Fellow, Fellow for Say Yes to Hoboken

2. make a finger print dot blouse from Runway DIY

3. gold dot embellished heels from In Honor of Design

4. gold leaf spotted paper mache bowls from Kelli Murray

5. polka dot painted tights from Laura Parke for Design for Mankind

6. polka dot etched drinking glasses diy from A Beautiful Mess

7. diy polka dot jewelry dish from Shop Sweet Things

8. do-it-yourself polka dot painted jeans from Andrea Fairservice for Breanna Rose

9. a perfectly dotted vase project from Ruffled

And for even more weekend project ideas (not necessarily polka dot related), visit my I love DIY board on Pinterest.

P.S. I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts from the week…

Have a great weekend!

9 comments to Spotted & Dotted: 9 Polka Dot DIYs to Try this Weekend Click here to reply

These are so cute. I totally agree that polka dots are a classic. I love that these DIYs can be made mostly out of stuff that I already have AND they won’t go out of style any time soon. Love love love!
Jen @ Cuddles & Chaos recently posted..Get the Look: Taylor Swift

Jen @ Cuddles & Chaos commented on September 21st, 2012 at 10:22 am

Agreed Jen! DIYs with supplies you already have are the best kind! Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

papernstitch commented on September 21st, 2012 at 10:37 am

Wonderful dot projects! I love dots, they colour things happy :-)
Monsterscircus recently posted..DIY leather button

Monsterscircus commented on September 21st, 2012 at 10:56 am

So honored to be here! Thank you Brittni! I love your blog.
Kelli Murray recently posted..SHOP RYLEE’S CLOSET

Kelli Murray commented on September 21st, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Completely my pleasure. I LOVE you bowl project…I’m thinking of trying to make a giant one actually. We’ll see how it turns out. :)

papernstitch commented on September 21st, 2012 at 9:48 pm

cute ideas RT @papernstitch: a list of polka dot DIYs to try http://t.co/qOtwK8ln

Erika (@asuyeta) commented on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Great collection of projects! I think I may be making the Jewelry Tray this weekend!
Kristina recently posted..Fashion Quickie: Bold Black, Gold Details and Pale Makeup

Kristina commented on September 22nd, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I love all these spotted finds, Brittni :) Such a gorgeous group!

clare commented on September 24th, 2012 at 11:48 am

[...] We can’t get enough of polka-dots here lately. Papernstitch has a list of polka-dot DIYs for you to try this [...]

Crafty Links of the Week – October 5th, 2012 | Whimseybox commented on October 5th, 2012 at 2:24 pm