02/06/13
15 comments Stop! Hammer Time. by   |   15 comments

I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed so far in 2013 and really wishing I could take a (teeny tiny) break. I know it’s only February, but dang it if doesn’t seem like the holiday rush from last year just never left?! Are you feeling this too or is it just me?

So, instead of busting my butt with a lengthy post for today, I’m going to stop to smell the roses…have a dance break…and maybe, just maybe, catch up on my never-ending to-do list. Who’s with me?

P.S. After reading today’s post title did you immediately get that song stuck in your head? You’re welcome.

image above fromĀ Sarah Sherman Samuel

This entry is filed under .
15 comments to Stop! Hammer Time. Click here to reply

Oh my gosh I’m totally feeling this way too. Like completely overwhelmed & over committed. I kept thinking things were going to slow down but they haven’t really. So looking forward to this weekend, when I can hopefully catch up on everything!
Sarah recently posted..Being a Godly Wife: Honor

Sarah commented on February 6th, 2013 at 11:15 am

It’s not just you! I’ve been feeling the exact same way and struggling to find a balance between a new job, grad school, and my own never ending to do list. Thank you for sharing the beautiful graphic as a reminder to slow down and take some time for myself.

Jessica commented on February 6th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

No girl, you’re exactly right. This is really my first year as a full-time blogger/creative, and I’m realizing that winter is a really busy season in this world. You go straight from the holidays into Alt, and now on to Valentine’s Day and post-Alt follow ups/jobs/pitches/etc. Don’t feel embarrassed! I’ve been thinking the exact same thing. We’re planning a couple of tiny vacays, just to get a bit of time off. And by the way — being busy is awesome, because it means you’re in demand. :)
xo

Chelsea C. commented on February 6th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I have been feeling this EXACTLY lately. In fact I’m challenging myself to write shorter posts. For some reason I feel like shorter posts (partly because I am verbose in writing and speaking) aren’t as “worthy” or are viewed as not as beneficial to readers. However, you just proved with this post that it just isn’t true. You can have the same impact no matter the length. Kind of like short stories vs novels. Either can pull off an impact, length need not matter. Thanks for sharing. I knew I wasn’t alone but I no longer feel alone.

Aubrey commented on February 6th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I have been feeling overwhelmed this year also. I think I might have taken on too many projects for this year. I am kind of excited about but also finding the time to do everything is also hard. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. Enjoy your time smelling the roses :)
Tanya recently posted..The Best WordPress Anti-Spam Plugins for 2012-2013

Tanya commented on February 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I’m feeling the same, seems like there was no recovery period after the holiday rush this year! Enjoy your dance party, I may have to have one too!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Conversation Heart Cakes

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on February 6th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Thanks for the awesome song that’s now stuck in my head haha! I know the feeling of being overwhelmed. I haven’t got it at the moment but I had the feeling multiplied by thousand a couple of months ago. Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be alright! Just make some time for yourself, darling. xoxo

Raya commented on February 6th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

What song ist it? I kinda got stuck with “STOP! In the naaame of looove. Before you brake my heart…” or so. Not sure if my head even got the lyrics right. Have a good dance break though! (PS: I am glad comments are not audible yet, haha)

Nadine commented on February 7th, 2013 at 5:14 am

Well, it looks like we are all in the same boat stuck on a stormy sea! I don’t understand why the year started out so crazy – mine started literally on Jan. 2 with news of a family member taken to the hospital and it hasn’t stopped for a minute. Only in the last few days do I feel that I’m starting to catch up a little. What’s that saying? Stay calm and carry on? Trying.

Felicia commented on February 7th, 2013 at 9:24 am

Awesome. Now I’m overwhelmed with MC Hammer in my brain. I’ll get you for this one. :)
Melanie recently posted..I Love Stefan Sagmeister

Melanie commented on February 7th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Haha. Sorry Mel…kind of. :)

papernstitch commented on February 7th, 2013 at 11:32 am

metoo! metoo! metoo!!

Girl, you have my FULL PERMISSION to take a break. Like a real break. Whatever you need.

Also, have I told you lately that you’re awesome? Cause you are. Like major awesome.
tiffany han recently posted..I’ve been wanting to tell you…

tiffany han commented on February 7th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Aw, thanks Tiffany. You are super awesome too!!! Big time.

papernstitch commented on February 7th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I have been feeling this way all week! I have had huge projects at work non-stop… my blizzard induced 3 day weekend is looking like Heaven- even if we lose power. I hope you get to enjoy your break. :)
Stephanie recently posted..Oh weather channel, your social media ploy is so cute

Stephanie commented on February 7th, 2013 at 11:22 pm