02/20/13
28 comments Make This: Colorful (Budget-Friendly) Mini Bouquets for Spring by   |   28 comments

diy-mini-spring-bouquets

It’s no secret that I love DIYs, but did you know that I am also kind of a flower freak? It’s true. I am obsessed with flowers. Always have been, really. For some reason though, I haven’t shared any floral DIYs here on Paper & Stitch, only on Project Wedding. But all of that is going to change today…

Since spring is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make some colorful, mini bouquets for the upcoming season. These are so easy to make, but the best part is the price! I bought about $15 worth of flowers and had enough to easily make 5 mini arrangements, so the total cost of one bouquet was around $3! I don’t think it gets any cheaper than that…I mean there are ranunculus in this bouquet.

Supplies: Small blooms (I used Ranunculus, Acacia, Stock, and Spider Mums)  // Scissors // Washi Tape

Step by Step Instructions: This how-to is easier to understand through photos, as opposed to written instructions. I do have a couple of tips before you get started though… 1) It’s easy to over do it. The charm of this arrangement is mainly in it’s size. So, you really don’t need many stems for this  floral DIY. 2) While constructing your bouquet, try not to touch the flowers themselves with your fingers (certain delicate blooms are sensitive to the skin’s oils and can turn the petals brown). 3) Keeping tip number 2 in mind, as you add more stems to your mini bouquet, move your hand further up (closer to the top, where the blooms start) to help keep everything in place.

spring-mini-bouquet-step-by-step

Additional ideas: I love giving flowers as gifts, and if  you do too, you’ll just need to add a gift tag and you’re good to go. Deliver a few bundles to friends and family to say thanks for being so awesome. And if you want to make it extra special you could wrap each tiny bouquet in kraft or newspaper. OR include a miniature vase with your floral gift as an added bonus.

finished-spring-bouquet-project

Concept, styling, and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff for Paper & Stitch

28 comments to Make This: Colorful (Budget-Friendly) Mini Bouquets for Spring Click here to reply

Beautiful! Flowers make such a big impact with so little.
Laurel (@abubblylife) recently posted..DIY Confetti Party Backdrop

Laurel (@abubblylife) commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:05 am

I want Spring to get here!- Colorful (Budget-Friendly) Mini Bouquets for Spring http://t.co/HMEf78ZA via @papernstitch

Laurel (@abubblylife) commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Thanks Laurel. I totally agree – flowers always make a big impact (at the very least on other flower lovers, right?). Haha.
-B

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:08 am

Simply lovely arrangement…looking forward to spring..
BabsProjects recently posted..This Guy T-Shirts from Economy Grocery

BabsProjects commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:11 am

Could not be more thrilled to see this lovely, fresh bouquet DIY on @papernstitch! http://t.co/HMD2FdaT

sheri silver (@sheri_silver) commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:20 am

I adore these! Thank you so much for sharing. Gets me anxious for spring blooms:)

Anna @ IHOD commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Aw, thank you Anna. I’m always a little nervous sharing a new (for Paper & Stitch) category of DIY. This makes me smile.

P.S. Babs – I cannot wait until spring…clearly. :)

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:36 am

This is so sweet Britt, I love the colors!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY “When You Were…” Birthday Surprise

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on February 20th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Thanks Kelly. :)

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love adding simple little flowers to the dining room table. It just adds so much freshness and color. This one looks so pretty and simple, I love it.
Tanya recently posted..The Best WordPress Anti-Spam Plugins for 2012-2013

Tanya commented on February 20th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Aw, these are super cute! The colors are great and the washi tape really sets them off. Great photos, too. :)
Casey recently posted..Painting is painful.

Casey commented on February 20th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Make This: Colorful (Budget-Friendly) Mini Bouquets for Spring http://t.co/VZuP7Ox7

@MrsScoops commented on February 20th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Thanks for the sweet comments ladies.

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Flowers ARE so fun! I too am a flower freak and I love what you’ve done with them. Some of my favorites too!
Dusty recently posted..I am just SO anxious!

Dusty commented on February 20th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Awww. these are so cute and beautiful! I love ranunculus… I don’t even know where I could buy those types of flowers around these parts… might have to try to figure it out, though.

I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!
Lauren recently posted..Off The Hook {Week 4}

Lauren commented on February 20th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I had to go to 3 different flower shops to round up all the flowers Lauren (Jacksonville doesn’t have a great selection), so I feel your pain. You can really create a spring bouquet with any type of flowers you find though – as long as they have the right colors in them. Good luck!

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

it’s gorgeous !
emilie recently posted..Work in progress

emilie commented on February 20th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

These are so beautiful…I am inspired. I have never bought and made my own bouquets before and I am always disappointed when I buy a bunch from the grocery store. This gives me some great ideas, Thank you!
Jenn V recently posted..Madeleines

Jenn V commented on February 20th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Let me know how it turns out Jenn. I bet you’ll find that it’s easier than you think to make your own.

papernstitch commented on February 20th, 2013 at 10:07 pm

How beautiful! This would look amazing in a bud vase. Love the colors and the flower choice. So Cute.
Mere // Not Merely Living recently posted..Creole Jambalaya

Mere // Not Merely Living commented on February 20th, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Totally Meredith..and actually, I took a few leftovers from this project and put them in tiniest of bud vases the other day….sitting on my desk right now.

papernstitch commented on February 21st, 2013 at 12:04 am

These are so so pretty and the photography is beautiful, too! Good job, Brittni :)
Brianne recently posted..Northwest Sparkle Engagement Party

Brianne commented on February 21st, 2013 at 1:54 am

Aw, thanks Brianne. :)

papernstitch commented on February 21st, 2013 at 9:58 am

LOVE this idea! def doing this for friends and cowokers. So cute!

Brandy commented on February 21st, 2013 at 11:50 am

Make This: Colorful (Budget-Friendly) Mini Bouquets for Spring http://t.co/StykD3Q0OR via @sharethis

Miriam Kercado (@EshanasCraft) commented on February 21st, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Simple & Nice Mini Bouquets for Spring… going to make some soon!
Jenny recently posted..Craft Kits For Girls

Jenny commented on February 22nd, 2013 at 5:45 am

So lovely and simple. I am a big fan of mini-bouquets!
Elodie

Elodie (madame love) commented on January 13th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

[…] to how I’ve made DIY bouquets in the past. Some of my past tutorials for bouquets include: budget friendly spring bouquet, mini message bouquet DIY, and Mother’s Day bouquet. Then secure with floral tape. Cut the […]

Make This: DIY Bouquet Bombing Surprise | Paper & Stitch commented on April 8th, 2014 at 8:00 am