01/14/14
26 comments Wear This: A New Column! by   |   26 comments

Wear This / a casual workday outfit

So I’ve been wanting to incorporate a new column here for a LONG time. A fashion column. Until now, I haven’t really had the courage to get it started. But since one of the things I want to work in 2014 is showing a little more of myself on the blog, I figured it was time to get over myself and jump in. So, today is the very first ‘Wear This’.

burgundy hat. teal shirt.

New column on Paper & Stitch: Wear This

buckled flats with leather tassels

all about the hat // Paper & Stitch

leather bag. teal shirt.

all about the hat

burgundy + teal // Paper & Stitch

For now, I’m planning to make this a bi-weekly column, as long as you’re game. So, I hope you’ll let me know what you think (be honest- I can take it..sort of).

Top // Ann Taylor similar

Pants // BDG

Shoes // Jshoes from Anthro

Necklace // old Madewell

Hat // Anthro (in stores only)

Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs

All photographs by Sarah Eddy.

P.S. I updated my about page with an F.A.Q. in case you want to check it out. And if you think of any questions you want me to add (and answer), feel free to shoot me an email or comment below.

26 comments to Wear This: A New Column! Click here to reply

Yayyy!!! I am so excited about this new column!! And I LOVE that necklace! I always thought your style was awesome, happy it’s getting its own little spot on the internet now! =)
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..A Studio for Studio DIY!

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on January 14th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Thanks Kel! And speaking of exciting news…your new studio! Oh, I can’t wait to visit. It looks gorgeous.

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Well I am excited about your new column! Your color choices are gorgeous. LOVING your hat!!
Cheers to trying new things!
x, Anna
Anna @ IHOD recently posted..Golden Globes One of a Kind Red Carpet Style

Anna @ IHOD commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Anna! I love you style posts, so I greatly appreciate the compliment. :)

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

B! You’re the cutest! I love this column – keep it up! Also. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you with your hair down. So pretty!
tiffany han recently posted..thought of the day.

tiffany han commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Tiffany! Yeah, I hardly ever wear my hair down. I desperately need a haircut. Haha.

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Love this outfit and I love your new column! I really like seeing the face behind blogs and what they are wearing…so this is a great way to connect more with your readers:)

-Courtney

Courtney commented on January 14th, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Thanks Courtney. I am definitely hoping to connect more with readers through this column. So I’m happy to hear you say that. :)

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 1:00 pm

awesome, you look great! I love how you’ve combined some unexpected colours, and that hat is killer.

Julie commented on January 14th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Julie. That hat is definitely my new favorite accessory.

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Great idea for a new feature. Love your shoes! x

Erin commented on January 14th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Lovely photos! I love the color of your top – it’s gorgeous!!

xo,
Heather

Heather recently posted..Evanston’s Own: kier of (h(om)e)

Heather commented on January 14th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Thanks Erin! My mom bought those for me for my b-day last year. It’s so hard to find an outfit they work with for some reason, but I love ‘em anyway.

And thank you Heather. I love the color too. It has a gemstone-y vibe to it.

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

You look gorgeous. Love the outfit and you are rocking it girl! I’m saying that in my British accent, but trying to sound American. Love putting a face and fab sense of style to a name!

Kate commented on January 14th, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Aw, thank you Kate. All these sweet compliments are making me feel a lot less nervous about the new column. Really appreciate it.

papernstitch commented on January 14th, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Yay! I love this new column! Such a fun addition. :)

Lyndsay commented on January 14th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Love, Love, Love!
H and I are just about to start something similar on our blog, We were hesitant too, we are sooooo not ‘fashion bloggers’ but we thought we would give it a go. We are heading the ‘how we wear’ route as there are two of us. Similar items of clothing, two different ways to wear it.
So appreciate to hear that you were unsure too, you needn’t have been! Thank you for being brave and giving us a little nudge in confidence too.
I adore that hat, the colours, that teal shirt is devine <3
Sammy recently posted..Hidden Treasure: Sacred Cafe

Sammy commented on January 14th, 2014 at 9:34 pm

your hat is really nice

DIY BLOG
STEL STYLE recently posted..Barcelona Apartment

STEL STYLE commented on January 15th, 2014 at 3:58 am

Fabulous look & I adore the hat! I’m glad I stumbled across this!
InMyJoi.blogspot.com

Joi commented on January 15th, 2014 at 4:07 am

You go girl! So happy to see you putting yourself out there (it is sooo hard sometimes!!) and look forward to the new column!

Tina@Traveling Mama commented on January 15th, 2014 at 4:34 am

Your outfit is lovely, that hat is awesome. I was the same with outfit posting – always a bit daunted and self conscious about it! (Still am) but is quite fun to have your own mini photoshoot, don’t you think? :) x

Catherine commented on January 15th, 2014 at 9:46 am

That hat!!!

xo
Diana
Diana recently posted..A Birthday Post

Diana commented on January 15th, 2014 at 11:00 am

You look wonderful, I adore that blouse!

Giselle Pique commented on January 15th, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Girrllll, you so hip! Love the new column :)
Rachel | 52 Weeks Project recently posted..DIY Initial Carved Candle

Rachel | 52 Weeks Project commented on January 15th, 2014 at 10:15 pm

YES! Get it get it get it. I’m a fan of seeing your cute face more in your posts. :)
Chelsea recently posted..Alt Summit Prep for your Blog

Chelsea commented on January 16th, 2014 at 2:09 pm

love da haaat u cutie pie
Gabriel recently posted..Wearable Art by Milleneufcentquatrevingtquatre