01/23/14
10 comments 7 DIYs to Try This Weekend by   |   10 comments

7 DIYs to Try this Weekend // January 24, 2014

Good morning!

Tomorrow night Chelsea, Ashley, and I will be hosting the #GlimmerShimmerShake party at Alt Summit and I’m really looking forward to letting loose and embarrassing myself on the dance floor. We have been working super hard on shimmery DIYs and disco-fied items, but there is still plenty of work to be done. So, I’ll be taking tomorrow off to put together the finishing touches on our party (AKA blowing up hundreds of balloons).

That said, this week’s DIY roundup is coming a day early!

1. Get your knit on with this knitting 101 series by Rebekka Seale for Bleubird

2. Paint a set of hanging baskets from Loyto

3. Make a ginger detox body scrub from Henry Happened

4. Sew a beaded polka dot collar from Anmutig

5. Print these giant calendar pages from The House That Lars Built

6. Sew a DIY winter hat from The Merrythought

7. Create a flower framed mirror made of fresh peonies from your truly

Hope you have a great weekend!

P.S. If you’re not at Alt this week, you can still follow the fun, right here on my Instagram (or on Twitter).

This entry is filed under , , , .
10 comments to 7 DIYs to Try This Weekend Click here to reply

I love the mirrors idea! You have a lovely blog :)

Ella xox

Ella Grace commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 9:29 am

Really adore the beaded collar, such a simple yet beautiful idea! x
Vanessa Townley recently posted..DIY Beaded Collar!

Vanessa Townley commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 10:10 am

Can’t WAIT to see what you guys come up with for #glimmershimmershake! (And I’m obsessed with those giant calendar printables from Brittany. So awesome!)
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Bear Hug Valentine

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I love your DIY roundups! I just started knitting, so I’ve been looking for good knitting tutorials. And the flower mirror is so unique! Definitely gonna try it out when I get an apartment.
Emily recently posted..January 20th

Emily commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I love the beads on the collar. I’ve been thinking I need to change up some of the items in my wardrobe. This is a simple perfect way. Thanks.
Andrea Shepherd recently posted..What inspires me may inspire you: Calvin.

Andrea Shepherd commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Than´k you <3

Johanna Koo commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 1:27 pm

The ginger detox scrub is something I’ll certainly DIY this weekend. Thanks for the idea.

Stephanie commented on January 23rd, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I love the beads on the collar and the mirror with flowers!!

2moiselles commented on January 24th, 2014 at 8:26 am

The numbering is wrong for 5 and 6 :)

Lesia commented on January 25th, 2014 at 8:00 am

Great ideas! I love the mirror!

xoxo
Anna
Anna recently posted..Custom Couples Portrait from Your Favorite Photo Painted with Mixed Media on Vintage Book Paper Great OOAK Wedding or Anniversary Gift by 2DayIChoose

Anna commented on January 29th, 2014 at 1:01 am