02/03/14
15 comments Wear This: Polka Dots + Earth Tones by   |   15 comments

Polka dot edition of Wear This

I’m finally all caught up on work stuff and have a new Wear This to kick off the week. Did you have a good weekend by the way? Anybody watch the Super Bowl?

Sarah was kind enough to take photographs for me once again (I wish I could work with her on absolutely everything – she is so awesome) and we ended up shooting across the street from a local restaurant. Naturally, that meant that there were some people walking by while I was doing weird dance moves, strange jumps, and fake running.

Totally normal, right? It was…very interesting.

Wear This // edition #2

Wear This // flying in polka dots

Wear This // polka dots and a green skirt

Wear This // polka dots + earth tones

Wear This // rust colored tights and black booties

I feel like I should probably mention that it’s not everyday that I wear a skirt (or tights for that matter). Let’s face it, I’m not that fancy nine times out of ten. BUT I would totally wear this outfit to a business meeting. It’s super comfortable, but not too casual – which in my mind, is the perfect combo for something like that.

Top // Fossil (similar)

Skirt // TJ Maxx

Tights // Target (similar)

Shoes // Carlos by Carlos Santana

Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs

Necklace // Moorea Seal

All photography by Sarah Eddy.

P.S. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and tweets on the first installment of  Wear This. It’s always a little bit scary trying something new, even something as frivolous as a new blog column. But you guys made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you! You are awesome.

This entry is filed under , , , , .
15 comments to Wear This: Polka Dots + Earth Tones Click here to reply

I have yet to start wearing skirts on a “casual” basis. You look fabulous!
Annie recently posted..Cosplay as Mulan: Inspiration

Annie commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:26 am

Thanks Annie. I know what you mean…I don’t really wear skirts on a casual basis either (unless I haven’t done laundry in a while). The boots and colorful tights make it a little less fancy though. Kind of balances it out. Thanks for stopping by.

papernstitch commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:40 am

your dance moves are everything. Love your outfit too;)
Lauren recently posted..the atelier x a fabulous fete // printable valentines

Lauren commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:55 am

Aw, thanks Lauren. It was so good to see you at Alt.

papernstitch commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Beautiful photos. Love the shirt. It always gets interesting when you are trying to take photos, and there are bunch of people watching. LOL

Fabulous 30s
Fabulous 30s recently posted..Relaxing Sunday!

Fabulous 30s commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Love this outfit. Love these photos. And… I just realized I forgot to text you back sooo… that’s happening now. :)
Caroline recently posted..Free Printable Valentine’s Day Card: DIY Mad Lib

Caroline commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I loveee that shirt! And I love the colors you paired it with, never would have thought of it but it looks so great! Also, I envy your jumping dance moves. I get about 1 inch off the ground when I attempt a jump. ;)
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Free Printable Heart Sunglasses Valentines

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I love your outfit! Those colors look fabulous together!

xo,
Heather

Heather recently posted..Happy Birthday, REVERIE SEVENTEEN!

Heather commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:59 pm

So cute. Wish I was brave enough to post outfits. You look fabulous!

Jeran McConnel commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Love, love those colors together!
Taylor Robbins recently posted..Simple + Small

Taylor Robbins commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I love the outfit, I always forget to use colour, I usually just stick to neutrals It really looks great
Emily Christine recently posted..All About Teal

Emily Christine commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Very cute outfit and photos, love the backdrop you guys chose! And yes taking photos in public is always awkward, just a tad ;D
Van recently posted..Thrift Haul: Useful Freebies, Mid Century Modern Lamps, Carafe, Planter and More

Van commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 8:21 pm

You are the cutest! This weekend I took some fun valentine pics and people where confused when I jumped and made funny faces. ;)

Melissa commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 8:24 pm

You are adorable!
chelsea recently posted..All Gold Everything.

chelsea commented on February 3rd, 2014 at 10:03 pm

[…] Eddy for Paper & Stitch. Photos shown are from the following P&S posts and projects: outtake from this style post, easy edible meringue cups, DIY coaster project, giant DIY heart photo booth prop, paper straw […]

Behind the Scenes: Hiring a Photographer | Paper and Stitch commented on June 24th, 2014 at 8:01 am