02/06/14
25 comments Interior Obsessions: Some Seriously Bold Color by   |   25 comments

interior obsession // turquoise wall in bedroom

I wanted to name this post ‘I ain’t afraid of no ghost color’ but I can’t do a strikethrough on the title. So, let’s just pretend.

I think it goes without saying that I am a big fan of white interiors. White walls. White floors. White everything. BUT there is definitely something to be said for color as well. When I was in high school, I distinctly remember wanting to paint every room in my imaginary college apartment a different color. Which would have been utterly insane. But that’s what I wanted at the time. Man, how things have changed!

The only downside to color is that it’s much harder to get it ‘right’. I mean it’s easy to make things looks good when you have white walls (hello gallery), but color? That’s a whole lot more difficult, if you ask me.

Here are a handful of bold uses of color that are absolutely doing it right…

(above) I am in love with this turquoise wall.

pink tile in a cool scandi bathroom

This tile backsplash is amazing. Don’t you think? (found via designlovefest)

interior obsession // great living area with royal blue accent wall

Doesn’t that artwork look great on a royal blue backdrop like that? Never thought I would say that, but it’s true.

interior // with yellow wall

Yellow!

interior obsession // lilac statement wall in Seattle studio

Lilac walls in a Seattle studio.

interior obsession // salmon wall

Salmon walls with that emerald green chair? Now, that is bold! And also, perfect.

interior obsession // dark teal stairs

And these jewel-toned, dark teal stairs are pretty great too.

So what do you think? Would you dare to try any of these colors on your walls (or stairs for that matter)?

This entry is filed under , , , .
25 comments to Interior Obsessions: Some Seriously Bold Color Click here to reply

I want to use so many of these ideas, such a shame I don’t own my own place. Very inspirational!
Sarah x

Sarah recently posted..Inspirational Reading–The Beach Cafe

Sarah commented on February 6th, 2014 at 9:38 am

Sarah – Maybe you can use these ideas on a smaller scale, until you get your own place? With some colorful artwork or a bold rug?

papernstitch commented on February 6th, 2014 at 10:00 am

Wow excellent collections of colors here! My absolute fav would be the Salmon! But, there’s SOO much that’s perfect about Design Files set up too. It’s all about happy cheery colors for me. These are not too bright either. We rent as well and I find lots of ways to eincorporate color into our flat. Often trying to stick with white walls, then we doll up the rest of our space. It’s the safest way for us :D Thanks for sharing ..
Jeanine recently posted..Classy crafted ceramic snowflakes via the Good Design Studio…

Jeanine commented on February 6th, 2014 at 10:16 am

these colors are so bold but calming at the same time :) I must admit that I love them!
gracie recently posted..Ella the cutest cat

gracie commented on February 6th, 2014 at 10:17 am

I’ll take that salmon wall please!
Harmony recently posted..Etsy Shops to Check Out

Harmony commented on February 6th, 2014 at 10:52 am

Love a pop of bright color! It can bring so much life and spirit to a space.
Brandyn | Southern Distinctions recently posted..Dream Home #8

Brandyn | Southern Distinctions commented on February 6th, 2014 at 11:15 am

Beautiful pics. I like to do a lot of white so that the color I do add stands out and pops.
-Maggie

Maggie commented on February 6th, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Oooh I love that salmon wall! xoxo

Laura commented on February 6th, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Wow I love it! I especially like all the blue/turquoise/teal colours, but the salmon wall is pretty smaching as well.

Lisa commented on February 6th, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I love the magenta tiles! Normally I’m a big fan of minimalist white too but I’ve recently changed that and now my living room is a serene oasis of mint green as a result… I Thought it might be a bit overwhelming and naff at first but it really works with my furniture (I think!). It’s definitely good to change it up a bit sometimes :-)

Freya commented on February 6th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Probably goes without saying that I’m in love with this post and every single photo… if there ever was someone that wasn’t afraid of color… :) Great roundup!
Caroline recently posted..Visual Vocab 02: A Bold, Urban, + Graphic Mood Board

Caroline commented on February 6th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

LOVE bold colors on a wall!
chelsea recently posted..Because Laundry Can Wait.

chelsea commented on February 6th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Those blues are gorgeous! I’d also really love to have a yellow wall in my house someday :)
Vicki recently posted..Sparkle Love

Vicki commented on February 6th, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Those stairs are gorgeous! If only I was so daring! xx

Whimsicality
Emily recently posted..Phones v People

Emily commented on February 6th, 2014 at 2:47 pm

These are so incredibly gorgeous!
Stacia recently posted..DIYs to Try

Stacia commented on February 6th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Aw, these pics are so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing these lovely and inspiring ideas!

Betsy commented on February 6th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

So I just learned that I’m clearly not a bold colour lover XD
Ilse den Besten recently posted..DIY: Hoofdbord voor je bed

Ilse den Besten commented on February 6th, 2014 at 5:16 pm

These pictures are great inspiration! I love colour and I usually have to restrain myself otherwise it gets crazy very quickly! :)
Lu recently posted..Lu Tries Deer and Doe’s Plantain Tee

Lu commented on February 6th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Love the ombre purple wall!

Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk
Jenna recently posted..Valentine’s Day Gift Guide For Her! (60+ Gift Ideas!)

Jenna commented on February 6th, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Ahh, perfect rooms! That green chair is to DIE FOR and so is that beautiful Boho couch in the 2nd pic!

xx
Alex
alex recently posted..Toast 3 Ways and Super Healthy

alex commented on February 7th, 2014 at 1:37 am

Oh my goodness do I love that turquoise wall. I LOVE this post because I always want to do bold accent walls but never quite know how. This is fabulous inspiration!
Bethany recently posted..latest (re)discoveries and an afterthought

Bethany commented on February 7th, 2014 at 2:17 am

Wow, great colors. Love it. I have a lot of colors in my home, and this is just perfect. First photo is amazing.

Fabulous 30s
Fabulous 30s recently posted..Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him

Fabulous 30s commented on February 7th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I love that mirror! I loved all of these ideas!

xo,
Jamie

Jamie commented on February 7th, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Ohmygoodness! That salmon wall strikes a chord in my heart. Time to scour some stores for spray paint!
Jessika Chan recently posted..Adventure # 4 – Singapore May 2013 Part Two

Jessika Chan commented on February 13th, 2014 at 10:50 am

[…] […]

Getting into the Art Prints | DesignClaud commented on March 1st, 2014 at 5:12 pm