02/25/14
14 comments On Crazy Dreams by   |   14 comments

well, well, well

I can’t believe that this day is finally here.

Today, I’m packing my bags and headed to Los Angeles, before hopping in a car tomorrow for Palm Springs.

If you’re not sure what I’m talking about right now, let me get you up to speed.  Just one month short of a year ago, I visited Kelly and Chelsea in LA, for the day. We went to the flower market and a really yummy lunch, talked about biz stuff/ gave each other our support, and then as the day was winding down, we somehow got on the subject of a crazy idea I had swirling in my head…

In that one day with the two of them, I felt so inspired. Ready to take on the world. Solve any issues I was having. Make big things happen. So what if we expanded on that, and created a working retreat to inspire some of our blog buddies (and ourselves) to tackle things we’ve been wanting to do but haven’t had the time or man power to actual complete, take time to learn from each other, brainstorm with each other, and recharge our batteries.

At the time, it seemed like a pretty lofty dream.

I mean, it sounded fun, but realistically, how in the world would we make it happen? At the time we weren’t really sure, if I’m being 100% honest. BUT a week or two later, the three of us jumped on a call and started hashing things out. One meeting lead to another and another, and before we knew it, we had organized the event of our dreams, brought on an amazing sponsor (thanks Bing), and sent out invites.

So, now flash forward to today, and that ‘thing’ that we’ve been planning for the last eleven months, the one that seemed CRAZY big and almost unachievable on that first day, is actually here.

We did it. And you know something…The hardest part was getting started. Once we started scheduling regular meetings, the ideas flowed, action plans were set, tasks were delegated, etc. It was a lot of work, but it was fun, and not nearly as scary or intimidating as it seemed initially.

So, maybe the next time you dream up a crazy idea, you should pretend it’s not so crazy at all. In fact, it might just be downright awesome. So, you should just get started and see where it takes you.

Have a crazy dream to share? I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below.

Image credit: W Sake

This entry is filed under , , .
14 comments to On Crazy Dreams Click here to reply

Love this post and how you made it simple, especially since ideas in our brain are anything but. Very inspiring! Right now I dream of transitioning to editorial writing for a magazine/website full time, publishing a book, producing some lines or art to START… ;)
Van recently posted..Thrift Haul: Pound Store and Free Vintage Finds on The Cheap. Cases, Mugs & More.

Van commented on February 25th, 2014 at 9:47 am

Wow. That’s quite the list you have there Van! Thanks for sharing your dreams. :)

papernstitch commented on February 25th, 2014 at 10:00 am

We dream of having more creative card makers and invitation designers use our high quality, recycled card stock and envelopes!

Email us for free samples!
sales@greenpapercompany.com

Joan commented on February 25th, 2014 at 10:23 am

So, so, so well put. Can’t believe it’s happening!
Chelsea Foy recently posted..Birthday Giveaway

Chelsea Foy commented on February 25th, 2014 at 10:44 am

I know, right? And I get to see you…TODAY! So crazy.

papernstitch commented on February 25th, 2014 at 11:00 am

So exciting!
chelsea recently posted..Do something amazing today.

chelsea commented on February 25th, 2014 at 11:09 am

So exciting! Can’t wait to see pics and read a recap of all the amazing things you guys will do.
dylcia recently posted..bangkok, thailand – part 1

dylcia commented on February 25th, 2014 at 2:36 pm

So exciting!! Good luck, it sounds like an amazing idea everyone needs support and inspiration to follow their dreams! I am going to the other side of the world for hopefully a year, so that’s my crazy dream!
Charlotte recently posted..Outdoor Snapshots.

Charlotte commented on February 25th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

What is the event!? I’m so out of the loop :] I’m happy to see you’re achieving your dreams! Best of luck, xo
Stacey recently posted..10 Things I Learned in 2013

Stacey commented on February 25th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Sooo proud of you!! Welcome to California! I live in Orange County…where exactly will you be? Palm Springs?
Katie Cook recently posted..hooray for the little things

Katie Cook commented on February 26th, 2014 at 1:24 am

What exciting news! Congratulations and good luck on the retreat!
Annie recently posted..Bloor-Yorkville’s Icefest 2014

Annie commented on February 26th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Wow! This sounds awesome! Congratulations!

My dream is actually a reality and I was just about to email you about it! I just launched a knitting website that I’ve been slaving over for the past five months. Now it’s out in the world and I’m terrified because it’s been my “baby” for so long and now any old person can tromp all over it and do whatever they like. The phrase, “birthing a project” really is apt, isn’t it?

Anyway, I completely agree with you that the hardest part of any big project is getting started and moving past that voice in your head that says, “What? Are you crazy? You could never do that. Get real.”

I’m so glad to hear that you’ve shut down that voice and now you’re on a retreat in California! How awesome is that?!

Davina
Davina recently posted..Movie Knitting: Frances Ha

Davina commented on February 26th, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Hope you guys have a wonderful time!
alicia recently posted..Featured Supplier – Living Felt

alicia commented on February 26th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I’m working on what some would consider a crazy dream . . . I’m developing a line of knitted accessories with the ultimate goal of hiring folks who are transitioning from jail/prison back to their families and communities.
At the moment I’m still working on product design and prototyping, but I would love to think I could be ready for some holiday craft shows in the fall!

Ann Espo commented on April 29th, 2014 at 12:18 am