What to Wear to a Conference: Day + Night

What to Wear to a Conference // Casual Outfit

The week after next I’ll be hopping on a plane to sunny California once again. This time to head to Ventura to speak at Craftcation. Will you be there this year?

I had such a great time last year, meeting new people and reconnecting with people I already knew. Conferences are always good for that. But one thing I always think about WAY to much is what I’m going to wear.

I’m sure that sounds completely silly and I swear I spend time on more important things too, like my presentations, but I couldn’t resist putting together a couple of outfits. Just for fun…

Day: Hat // Bag // Boots // Top // Jeans

And here’s a fancier version for night time…

What To Wear a Conference //  speaker outfit

Night: Baggu Clutch // Black & White Dress // Bracelet // Flats

What do you normally wear to a conference? Is there anything that sticks out in your head as a staple for these kinds of things?

Will you be at Craftcation? Let me know in the comments if you’ll be there. I’d love to say hi and have a drink or something.

This year, I’m doing a flower workshop and a styling workshop. And then I’m on a panel about making real money with your blog and the ins and outs of creating share-worthy tutorials. Full schedule here. It’s going to be fun! You should definitely come hang out.

This entry is filed under , , , .

This is beautiful!!
Elsbet | La Vie Pure recently posted..Outfit Of The Day | LENTE!

Elsbet | La Vie Pure | March 25th, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love the dark brown leather bag!
Rebekah {aCricketSang} recently posted..Homemade Soft Pretzels

Rebekah {aCricketSang} | March 25th, 2014 at 9:22 am

Isn’t that leather tote great? You can’t go wrong with a Clare Vivier bag, in my opinion.

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 10:19 am

Great outfits, but it totally depends on your industry. I could never get away with outfit #1, too casual and everyone would assume my pen leaked all over my shirt!

Comfortable shoes are critical, and I would stick with a big you can carry on your shoulder instead of a clutch so that you can have your hands free for taking notes/shaking hands/drinking cocktails.

Cait | March 25th, 2014 at 11:14 am

I agree Cait. It does depend on the industry. These outfits are for a blogging/crafting conference though, so I think I’ll be okay. :)

I like your shoulder bag tip for keeping your hands free.

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I wish I was going to be able to make Craftcation since it is so close to me, but alas I gotta finish paying off the wedding first! Hopefully I’ll be able to make it next year.
Yvonne recently posted..When home improvement gets serious go for the heavy tools!

Yvonne | March 25th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Yep, there’s always next year Yvonne.

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Oh my goodness, these looks are adorable! I especially love that fitted dress. Can’t wait to meet/take your flower workshop :)
Rachel | The Crafted Life recently posted..DIY Copper + Leather Necklace

Rachel | The Crafted Life | March 25th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Looking forward to meeting you in person Rachel!

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

So, it’s cool if we show up wearing the same thing at Craftcation right? Because I think I need that black and white dress!!! 😉
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Confetti Dipped Easter Eggs

Kelly @ Studio DIY | March 25th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Haha. Yep, totally cool. Especially if it’s on the day we have those panels together. :) They have two versions of that dress actually…one black background with white brushstrokes and one white background with black brushstrokes. Just sayin’.

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I think I need to go shopping before craftcation… 😉 I’m really looking forward to your flower workshop!
Katharina recently posted..Paternoster
On my interview trip I discovered a Paternoster. It…

Katharina | March 25th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Awesome Katherina. Looking forward to meeting you at Craftcation!

papernstitch | March 25th, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I just can’t wait to wear ankle boots again!!

Adelle | March 25th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

[…] this until I started writing this post, but doesn’t this dress look a look like the one from this post I did on what to wear to a conference? It happens to be French Connection too. Clearly, […]

Wear This: Black and White Dress + Lilac Walls | Paper & Stitch | March 31st, 2014 at 8:01 am