03/25/14
15 comments What to Wear to a Conference: Day + Night by   |   15 comments

What to Wear to a Conference // Casual Outfit

The week after next I’ll be hopping on a plane to sunny California once again. This time to head to Ventura to speak at Craftcation. Will you be there this year?

I had such a great time last year, meeting new people and reconnecting with people I already knew. Conferences are always good for that. But one thing I always think about WAY to much is what I’m going to wear.

I’m sure that sounds completely silly and I swear I spend time on more important things too, like my presentations, but I couldn’t resist putting together a couple of outfits. Just for fun…

Day: Hat // Bag // Boots // Top // Jeans

And here’s a fancier version for night time…

What To Wear a Conference //  speaker outfit

Night: Baggu Clutch // Black & White Dress // Bracelet // Flats

What do you normally wear to a conference? Is there anything that sticks out in your head as a staple for these kinds of things?

Will you be at Craftcation? Let me know in the comments if you’ll be there. I’d love to say hi and have a drink or something.

This year, I’m doing a flower workshop and a styling workshop. And then I’m on a panel about making real money with your blog and the ins and outs of creating share-worthy tutorials. Full schedule here. It’s going to be fun! You should definitely come hang out.

This entry is filed under , , , .
15 comments to What to Wear to a Conference: Day + Night Click here to reply

This is beautiful!!
Elsbet | La Vie Pure recently posted..Outfit Of The Day | LENTE!

Elsbet | La Vie Pure commented on March 25th, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love the dark brown leather bag!
Rebekah {aCricketSang} recently posted..Homemade Soft Pretzels

Rebekah {aCricketSang} commented on March 25th, 2014 at 9:22 am

Isn’t that leather tote great? You can’t go wrong with a Clare Vivier bag, in my opinion.

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 10:19 am

Great outfits, but it totally depends on your industry. I could never get away with outfit #1, too casual and everyone would assume my pen leaked all over my shirt!

Comfortable shoes are critical, and I would stick with a big you can carry on your shoulder instead of a clutch so that you can have your hands free for taking notes/shaking hands/drinking cocktails.

Cait commented on March 25th, 2014 at 11:14 am

I agree Cait. It does depend on the industry. These outfits are for a blogging/crafting conference though, so I think I’ll be okay. :)

I like your shoulder bag tip for keeping your hands free.

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I wish I was going to be able to make Craftcation since it is so close to me, but alas I gotta finish paying off the wedding first! Hopefully I’ll be able to make it next year.
Yvonne recently posted..When home improvement gets serious go for the heavy tools!

Yvonne commented on March 25th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Yep, there’s always next year Yvonne.

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Oh my goodness, these looks are adorable! I especially love that fitted dress. Can’t wait to meet/take your flower workshop :)
Rachel | The Crafted Life recently posted..DIY Copper + Leather Necklace

Rachel | The Crafted Life commented on March 25th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Looking forward to meeting you in person Rachel!

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

So, it’s cool if we show up wearing the same thing at Craftcation right? Because I think I need that black and white dress!!! ;)
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Confetti Dipped Easter Eggs

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on March 25th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Haha. Yep, totally cool. Especially if it’s on the day we have those panels together. :) They have two versions of that dress actually…one black background with white brushstrokes and one white background with black brushstrokes. Just sayin’.

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I think I need to go shopping before craftcation… ;-) I’m really looking forward to your flower workshop!
Katharina recently posted..Paternoster
On my interview trip I discovered a Paternoster. It…

Katharina commented on March 25th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Awesome Katherina. Looking forward to meeting you at Craftcation!

papernstitch commented on March 25th, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I just can’t wait to wear ankle boots again!!

Adelle commented on March 25th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

[…] this until I started writing this post, but doesn’t this dress look a look like the one from this post I did on what to wear to a conference? It happens to be French Connection too. Clearly, […]

Wear This: Black and White Dress + Lilac Walls | Paper & Stitch commented on March 31st, 2014 at 8:01 am