Paper & Stitch Turns 6! Time for Ice Cream.

6 Unique Ice Cream Toppings

Tomorrow is the last day of national ice cream month and I couldn’t resist posting one last ice cream idea before July is over. I’m going to miss you national ice cream month!

This month is also my blog birthday… Paper & Stitch is now officially six years old! So, I put together six DIY ice cream topping ideas to celebrate. One topping for each year P&S has been around. Hope you’ll grab a sweet treat and celebrate with me.

Here are 6 unique ice cream toppings to celebrate the last two days of national ice cream month (and my blog b-day)…

Fruit Pebbles + Ice Cream

1. Fruity Pebbles – The most colorful ice cream topping / cereal ever created. Better than sprinkles, if you ask me.

Polka Dot Ice Cream

2. Lemonheads – These are just fun. Polka dot ice cream? Come on. You know you want to try this.

Lucky Charms Ice Cream

3. Dehydrated Marshmallows – AKA the only reason why anyone buys Lucky Charms cereal. You can pick the marshmallows out of the cereal box, or order a bag of just marshmallows from Amazon and fulfill your childhood fantasy. No regrets.

Unusual Ice Cream Toppings // Wasabi Peas

4. Wasabi Peas – Okay this is the weird one of the group, but it’s an interesting combo with ice cream. Salty and sweet. And a little bit spicy.

Watermelon ice cream

5. Watermelon Sour Gummies – It’s still summer, after all, so I needed a little watermelon in the mix.

Fancy Licorice Ice Cream

Unusual Ice Cream Toppings // Licorice

6. Fancy Licorice – If you remember this post, you know I’m partial to these pretty candies. And I really like licorice. So it’s a win-win for me.

Birthday Ice Cream Cone

…And a birthday candle to round things out.

Before I go, though, I wanted to tell you how thankful I am to every single one of you who stops by to read Paper & Stitch each day. I am fully aware that I am super lucky to be doing something I love day after day. And that wouldn’t have ever been possible without you. For real. Your support means so much to me! So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You’re the best!!!

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

This entry is filed under , , , , , , , .

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see how this feels in a few more years! Hopefully I’ll have as much fun (and success!) as you do!

Amber | July 30th, 2014 at 10:28 am

You’re sweet, Amber. Thank you.

Brittni | July 30th, 2014 at 10:45 am

Yayyyyyy get it girl! 6 years is incredible. Congrats! xoxo
Chelsea Foy recently posted..Married Life // Big Changes

Chelsea Foy | July 30th, 2014 at 11:52 am

Thanks Chels. :)

Brittni | July 30th, 2014 at 11:57 am

Happy blog birthday!

– Christina
Christina recently posted..affordable presents: daiso

Christina | July 30th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I am loving that wasabi peas idea. it’s something I would have never thought of, but probably should have. thanks for sharing…and happy blog birthday!

love, arielle
a simple elegance
arielle recently posted..PINS + UPDATES || BEAUTY LOOKS I LOVE

arielle | July 30th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

These look amazing! I love the fancy licorice look.
Congrats on six wonderful years.
Avery Asato recently posted..The Book of Mormon & The Fountain

Avery Asato | July 30th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

They alll look so yummy! I didn’t even know about national ice cream month!! Fruity pebbles and the watermelon sweets look so cool! Abi :)
Abi S recently posted..My Favourite…Nail Polish

Abi S | July 30th, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Happy blog birthday, or gefeliciteerd, as we say here in the Netherlands!!

Gorgeous pictures!! : )

Gemma | July 30th, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thanks Gemma. :)

Brittni | July 30th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Happy happy six years to you! Now I’m off to pour fruity pebbles on my ice cream!
chelsea recently posted..Pros + Cons: Living in a Studio Apartment.

chelsea | July 30th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Happy Blog Birthday, B!!!! I very much approve of you celebrating in such ways as these six ice cream cones! I think the licorice one might be my fave! How fun!!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Fruit Slice Umbrellas

Kelly @ Studio DIY | July 30th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

So yummi!!!
They are so cute, but the candle one is the best to surprise a friend :)

Caroline | July 30th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Happy 6th Birthday!

Pat schwab | July 30th, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Congratulations on your six-year blog anniversary! That is so exciting. I’m really in love with the watermelon sour gummies idea, and I’ll definitely be eating some ice cream later today to celebrate with you. 😀

-Helen Grace

Sweet Helen Grace
Helen Grace recently posted..Chambray My Way

Helen Grace | July 30th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Happy blogiversary!! The fruity pebbles and marshmallows sound ah-mazing! I want to eat that right now!
Sara Strauss recently posted..Ipsy Glam Bag {July 2014}

Sara Strauss | July 30th, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Congratulations 6 years is amazing. I’ve only justed started my blog I can’t imagine what you must feel like – but I want to!
Roo recently posted..DIY Don’t Buy: Bird Cage Chandelier Inspired by Graham & Green

Roo | July 31st, 2014 at 2:42 am

Happy Birthday!!!!The wasaby peas would be perfect for my husband! Thanks for sharing!

KATERINA | July 31st, 2014 at 3:24 am

Happy bloggity birfday. How awesome!!! Here’s to many more!!

Jessica | July 31st, 2014 at 7:00 am

Happy bloggity birfday. How awesome – here’s to many, many more!!! Love this spot. 😉

Jessica | July 31st, 2014 at 7:01 am

Congrats! What an achievement. I have only recently discovered and it has pretty rapidly jumped to my favorites list xx
Susie recently posted..Style Crush

Susie | July 31st, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Congrats on 6 years!!!!
Love these ice creams. They are so you, and so wonderful. Next time we have ice cream cones, I will totally think of you and use a topping that is slightly different.
Sarah from Creating Contentment recently posted..Hello August

Sarah from Creating Contentment | August 1st, 2014 at 5:03 am

[…] 6 unusual ice cream toppings have me wanting to try something new, except for #5. I hate hate hate black […]

Friday Link Love | Vylette | August 1st, 2014 at 12:55 pm

woot! happy 6 years! and happy ice cream cone cramming!! i heart a good ice cream cone (and ice cream cone pic). lots of hilarious topping ideas!
Lyndsay // Coco Cake Land recently posted..Three Scoops! Ice Cream Cone Cake Tutorial

Lyndsay // Coco Cake Land | August 8th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

[…] story…I’ve been thinking about some fun ideas for donut toppings lately, similar to my unusual ice cream toppings post from a while back (fancy licorice anyone?). And the first thing that came to my mind was […]

Glazed Donuts with Macaron Sprinkles | Paper and Stitch | November 11th, 2014 at 9:05 am

[…] 6 DIY Ice Cream Topping Ideas […]

Best of 2014 | Paper and Stitch | December 31st, 2014 at 9:06 am

[…] you’ve been around for a while, you probably already know that I love ice cream. A lot. But this recipe isn’t for just any kind of ice cream. It’s a recipe for my […]

Sweet + Salty: Salted Caramel Ice Cream Recipe | Paper and Stitch | February 2nd, 2015 at 9:05 am

[…] Images from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 […]

Who wants ice cream? | White Rabbit | February 22nd, 2015 at 11:43 pm

[…] or maybe it’s just because I still haven’t fully grown up, but my love for cereal runs deep. Especially the sugary variety. The adult in me picks out things with the word […]

Breakfast Cereal Fudge Recipe | Paper and Stitch | May 11th, 2015 at 8:07 am