Interior Obsessions: Half Painted Wall Trend Here to Stay?

Pastel Half Painted Wall

The painted half wall trend seems to be sticking around…and I’m definitely not mad at it. Especially since I recently painted my office with this same technique, and can confidently say that I know exactly why it’s so popular….

1) It looks great in every room, with pretty much any color.

2) It’s WAY easier than painting the whole wall from top to bottom (especially if you have high ceilings).

But don’t take my word for it. Check out these 6 half painted walls and let me know if you think this trend is in it for the long haul or on its way out.

1. (above) I’ve got the blues! In a good way. (via A Beautiful Mess)

High Contrast Half Painted Wall

2. A high contrast half wall. Love this one! (via A Merry Mishap)

Blue Painted Half Wall Office Space

3. My office makeover  / paint job.

Messy Half Painted Wall

4. A messy version of this trend. I kind of like this. What about you? (via Vtwonen)

Pink Painted Half Wall

5. Thinking pink with this three-quarters paint job. (via Home Life)

Charcoal Painted Half Wall in the Dining Room

6. Charcoal grey days. (via Vtwonen)

What do you think of this trend? Is it here to stay or on it’s way out?

Love this trend! I like the messy version with darker colours – feels very lived in and artistic. I think its perfect for a home studio! The pastel colours look great with the sharp clean lines. Very tempted to give my room a makeover (:
honey&gazelle recently posted..Hot Hue // White

honey&gazelle | May 14th, 2015 at 9:55 am

I love this trend! I think the messy version is AWESOME too! But that pink one has to be my fave. Shocker.
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Eight Bold Sunnies You Need This Summer

Kelly @ Studio DIY | May 14th, 2015 at 11:41 am

oh wow I’ve never seen this before but how lovely! I need my own place so bad so I can do this to like.. every single wall maybe?! xx
Sarah Taylor recently posted..My natural everyday makeup – FOTD

Sarah Taylor | May 14th, 2015 at 1:03 pm

First time seeing this trend and I gotta say I love it!

arnella kajtezovic recently posted..Summer Essentials

arnella kajtezovic | May 14th, 2015 at 3:57 pm

I really love this style of painting ; It is so refreshing and simple like a French manicure !

Lola | May 14th, 2015 at 4:40 pm

What a fresh insights! I know there are people who have half-painted wall to show contrast but never seen it done so creatively with three-quarters paint job & rugged version. Great inspirations!
Belindq recently posted..Handmade Gift Ideas for Your Mum

Belindq | May 15th, 2015 at 1:42 am

LOVE the look of them!

Katrina Sophia
Katrina Sophia recently posted..Made In Camberwell Arts Market Summer 2015

Katrina Sophia | May 15th, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I love this half-painted style. The pink one is really beautiful.
Elsa recently posted..Hand Lettering: Song Lyrics #1

Elsa | May 16th, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I can’t believe that I’m saying this, but I really love the messy version!

Stephanie R | May 16th, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Love this trend and will definitely try it! I love the messy version the best!!

Christa | May 16th, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Ooh~ I’m loving that messy version ! What a fun style 🙂

Cheri Hage | May 17th, 2015 at 1:17 am

I am definitely a fan of this trend and also really like the messy version as well! Thanks for sharing.

Lauren | May 18th, 2015 at 2:45 pm

I love this trend too! That pink and white room is so beautiful, and having more white really lightens up the space. Thanks for sharing!
Julia recently posted..Vanilla Chai Tea Bundt Cake

Julia | May 28th, 2015 at 4:43 pm

I had something similar to this when I was younger. The top 2/3’s of my wall was a light brown, then there was a divider of molding, then it was a dark brown, lastly, the bottom molding. When I say molding, I mean the usually white decorative strips of wood nearly every house has between their wall and floor, I didn’t have mold growing in my room.

Stacy Thomas | July 15th, 2015 at 1:23 pm

If someone would have explained the messy version of the half painted wall, I would have thought they were crazy. However, seeing the picture in number four, I actually really like it! I think I might try and convince my husband to do it with a pale pink in my baby girl’s nursery!

Veronica Marks | December 23rd, 2015 at 1:07 pm