Totally Trippin’: 12 Trips in 12 Months

Grenada trip - 12 trips in 12 months

When this year started, I took some time out of that first week or so to really think about what I wanted to accomplish in the next 12 months. And one of the things that kept popping up was a (huge) desire to travel more in the upcoming year – with Jeff, with friends, etc.

After our trip to Europe last year, I finally realized that my need for travel is more than just a desire to get away to regroup, recharge, etc. Although that’s cool too. The real reason why travel has become so important to me comes down to one word: inspiration!

So…long story short, I’ve decided that this year I’ll be hopping on a plane…

or road tripping someplace new at least once a month for all of 2017! Each month will be a new trip(s) – whether it’s a long weekend or a week-long adventure.

Exploring a different state / country / continent contributes immensely to feeling inspired for future work and life in general. And that kind of inspiration isn’t really something you can recreate without actually getting out of your comfort zone (in my case the city I’m currently living in) and doing the damn thing.

I’ve already crossed the first month off the list, with a quick trip to Charleston this weekend with Jeff and a Texas trip earlier in the month.  And with February through April pretty much planned out already as well, I only have 8 more months of travel to plan. Not bad at all! Any suggestions for me on where I should go? If so, let me know.

I’ll be sharing more details about each trip as they roll out, and with each trip I’ll also be sharing a travel guide of sorts as well, just like I’ve done in the past…starting with a cool girls guide to Charleston later this week! So be sure to check back for that.

Until then, let me know if there are any travel guides you’d like to see or suggestions for amazing places to visit. I’m pretty much up for anything and I’d love to book a few places that you suggest, if I can.

This entry is filed under .

This sounds super exciting, I’m looking forward to it!
Michelle recently posted..Inspiration | Guest Post: Jewellery Trends To Look Out For In 2017

Michelle | January 30th, 2017 at 9:18 am

I’ve always wanted to see a guide to Martha’s Vineyard, if you’re up for going that far. 😉

This sounds really fun. Maybe once wedding planning/paying is done it’ll be something we can look into.

Stephanie recently posted..Saturday Shorts

Stephanie | January 30th, 2017 at 9:25 am

I can’t wait to hear all about your trips. Please make more Atlanta themed posts. I would love for you to have an event for your Atlanta readers to come to.
Sophie recently posted..Great Snow Boots

Sophie | January 30th, 2017 at 11:27 am

I’d love to see a travel guide on Phoenix/Scottsdale or Portland!

Kimberly | January 30th, 2017 at 11:38 am

This is so exciting! I would definitely love to do the same. x

Jessica — NinetyCo
Jessica recently posted..Small House And Great Outdoor

Jessica | January 30th, 2017 at 11:40 am

Love this! I basically did this last year, with a long-distance relationship and work taking me to quite a few places- and it really was hectic but helped keep the inspiration rolling in 🙂 Some of the most memorable trips I had were the PCH, Austin, Chicago, Portland Maine, and upstate NY. <3
Minna Lee recently posted..Wake Up + Stop Snoozing

Minna Lee | January 30th, 2017 at 1:12 pm

This is so exciting! I can’t wait to see where your travels take you this year! I’m also excited to see how these trips inspire you in your work. In terms of recommendations, I would say that Lisbon is one of my favorite cities I’ve visited. It’s very colorful and lively.

-Helen

Helen | January 30th, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Some of my favorite places to travel are National Parks such as Zion, Glacier, Badlands, and others.

If you want international travel you really should go to Dakar and St. Louis in Senegal! Both are such beautiful places full of creativity, arts, music, and kind people.

Emily | January 30th, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Girl, you’re living the dream! Can’t wait to hear and see all about your trips!
Corina Nika recently posted..Botanical Inspiration | Love is Strong

Corina Nika | January 31st, 2017 at 4:20 am

I love to travel. After returning home from 7 months abroad with my husband and two teenage sons, we stuck close to home for a while. It has now been almost a year since our return and we are all anxious to hit the road again. We have planned on Nicaragua in June along with a few U.S. destinations. Feels great to be getting back to exploring! Happy travels!
Lisa recently posted..5 Favorite Books of 2016 and 20 Others That Weren’t

Lisa | February 7th, 2017 at 2:24 am

[…] – this is our official February trip for the 12 trips in 12 months project. Have you ever been to New […]

Quick Trip to New Mexico + White Sands - Paper and Stitch | February 27th, 2017 at 3:07 pm

[…] out. And I had a snowy memory in NYC to take home with me too, for my official March trip for the 12 trips in 12 months series. Just a little late on posting the photos. […]

12 Trips in 12 Months: NYC - Lower East Side - Paper and Stitch | April 4th, 2017 at 8:05 am