Are You a Neutrals Girl or a Color Hunter?

Are You a Neutrals Girl or a Color Hunter?

One thing I’ve noticed about my wardrobe recently is that it’s filled with neutrals / basics, earth tones, etc. Even more so than before, I feel like I’m living strictly in simple striped tees, black pants (always black pants), sand colored skirts, denim, etc. And I’m wondering if you’ve been experiencing the same thing lately too? Or if you’re just full speed ahead on all things colorful for spring?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a fan of crazy color palettes on some level, but I feel like I need a break from the colors that require sunglasses to view. 🙂 And I’ve been seeing A LOT of neutrals on the runway for spring / summer – albeit mixed in with some big pops of color. But for now, earth tones and neutrals are really catching my eye. Rust, sand, mustard, grey, olive green, etc – mixed with pastels. I can’t kick color completely!

A neutrals-inspired everyday outfit. Kaarem skirt + striped tee.

Are You a Neutrals Girl or a Color Hunter?

My go-to neutrals outfit right now… Kaarem skirt // Striped shirt // Jeffrey Campbell heels (similar) // Building Block bucket bag // Madewell necklace (similar)

What are you loving right now, color-wise? Are you into the earth tones and muted colors rn like me? Or are you riding high on the bold color vibes bus?

Photos taken by Ashley and Kayla (on our Chattanooga trip)

This entry is filed under , , .

I’m definitely a neutrals girl, but I love random colorful pops, which is probably why there is so much nude, black, rosey colors in my wardrobe, I can dress them up however I want.

Stephanie recently posted..MIA Saturday Shorts

Stephanie | May 1st, 2017 at 8:38 am

I hear ya on that one, Stephanie!

Brittni | May 1st, 2017 at 10:00 am

I am very much a neutrals girl too – mainly black. But I really want to incorporate some more colour, I kind of want some fun coloured shoes or accessories for summer!

– Natalie

Natalie | May 1st, 2017 at 10:20 am

Funny you should say that Natalie. I have a DIY shoe project coming up later this week that I think you’ll love. It should be up on Wednesday, so be sure to check back.

Brittni | May 1st, 2017 at 10:46 am

I’m totally a neutral girl over here. I always go for grey. But, I get in the mood to get decked out in full-out color from time to time.

Kimberly | May 1st, 2017 at 1:41 pm

My wardrobe is probably 70% neutrals with the rest falling into colorful or patterned categories, at least for my winter clothes. My summer stuff is much more colorful, but Boston hasn’t been the most cooperative weather-wise lately, so I’m still wearing February’s best!

Ashley | May 1st, 2017 at 2:16 pm

I LOVE colors and I’m naturally drawn to them, but I love the look of all neutrals so that’s what I’ve been trying to stick to lately. Neutrals just look so put together (but I would be lying if I said I didn’t love the fact that blush is considered a neutral these days)!!

XX -KK
#ObsessedWithEverything

Kaylee K | May 1st, 2017 at 9:26 pm

I have always been a huge fan of neutrals, although I like to throw in a bit of colour sometimes, mostly in form of lipstick!
Michelle recently posted..Travel | City Guide: Three Days in Paris

Michelle | May 2nd, 2017 at 3:14 am

I’m a simple neutral girl, and i think it’s good 🙂

Gau | May 4th, 2017 at 9:29 pm

[…] it’s the Cinco de Mayo vibes of the day or maybe I feel bad after declaring myself a neutrals girl, but I snuck some color into this week’s DIYs to […]

Weekend Warrior: 6 Weekend Project Ideas to Try | May 5th, 2017 at 1:15 am

Hello Brittni, I am a neutral girl and love colors. I like your collection and simple striped tees, black pants, sand colored skirts, denim etc. . I am a kind of person who want some fun colored shoes or accessories for summer. I just love your blog. Thank you for sharing your blog with us.

Shirley Cheng | May 25th, 2017 at 3:05 am