Posts Tagged ‘color block’
It’s been a really busy week here, but it’s never too busy (well, almost never) for my weekend DIY roundup. I pulled a little bit of everything this week. Just some things I am loving, that I’ll hope you’ll try…
1. DIY Ombre Melon Seed Necklace from My Little Fabric
2. DIY Geometric Painted Wall from Weekday Carnival
3. Fall Centerpiece DIY from Create Like Crazy
4. Painted Wine Glasses from Boulevard Pink
5. Arrow Tail Stamped Shirt from Whimsey Box
6. Fabric Flower Pins from Sugar & Cloth
7. DIY Rope Vases from Style Me Pretty
I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts from the week…
- Before and After: Budget Friendly Kitchen Makeover
- How To: Make a DIY Geoball with Paper (so cool – want to make, like, 100 of these)
- IKEA Hack: How to Make an Industrial Concrete Base Lamp
Have a great weekend!
There are a few birthdays coming up in my family, so I have gifting on the brain. BUT I have a very limited supply of gift wrapping supplies right now since most of our stuff is still in storage. So I rummaged around in my backpack and found a few things to play around with and I came up with these hand painted color block gift tags.
- small gift tags (or make your own) *Paper and Present has a good selection.
- paint pens *I use these: Elmer’s Painters Neon 5 Pack
- mini adhesive circle labels
- stamp and stamp pad (optional)
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Painted color block technique – This one is pretty straight forward. Just grab you paint pen and get to work, drawing stripes or other designs. Make sure you think about your color scheme before you get started. I tried a few colors before I landed on hot pink paint for the tags.
2. Polka dot technique – Grab your adhesive circle labels and stick them where ever you want on your tag. Then paint over the entire gift tag with your paint pen and let it dry. Carefully remove the stickers and touch up if necessary.
Here are the finished tags…
I used a stamp on a few of the tags as well. I don’t use my stamps enough. I really need to start using them more.
So what do you think?
Will you try these color block gift tags the next time you are wrapping a pressie?