Posts Tagged ‘colorblock’
This contributor post was written by Christina of Down and Out Chic.
The mod 70′s colorblocking trend is back in full force and I especially like this trend when it comes to jewelry. A little goes a long way and these handmade pieces approach the graphic, bold use of color in a fresh way…
water resistant watches by May28th ($39)
What do you like most about this trend?
1. These peep-toe booties get an extra dose of chic from their unexpected blocks of grey and black suede. Colorblock wedge from Urban Outfitters, $88.
2. You will definitely stand out from the crowd in these bright, bold tights. Wear them under a simple LBD for a look that really pops! Tights by Kate Spade, $32 from Bloomingdale’s.
3. This jewel-toned dress is the perfect day-to-night piece. It is just the right mix of elegant and fashion-forward. Dress by Max & Cleo, $69.99 from Macy’s.
4. Even if you don’t like wearing bright colors, you can still embrace the colorblock trend with this super hot bandage skirt. Mini skirt from Arden B., $44.
5. This cardigan is totally unique – a great statement piece for daring fashionistas! Colorblock cardigan from Forever 21, $19.80.
6. This silk top combines a flowy, feminine silhouette with modern, geometric blocks of color. Shelly top by Black Halo, $192.50 from Shopbop.
Lesley of 315thomas