Posts Tagged ‘diy projects’
As much as I hate to admit it, I could really use an update to my wardrobe right about now. Especially with fall right around the corner. Anyone else been feeling this lately? Yikes. So this week, I’m wrapping things up with some fashion-related DIYs to try.
1. studded denim DIY from A Beautiful Mess
2. printed jeans DIY from Emerja Design
3. button earrings DIY from 52 Weeks Project
4. magazine clutch DIY from A Beautiful Mess
5. ear cuff DIY from Always Rooney
6. bee cuff enamel bracelet DIY from Henry Happened
Hope you have a great weekend.
Father’s Day is a little over a week away (coming up fast, isn’t it?), so I thought it was about time for a little DIY Father’s Day roundup. I threw a couple of printables in the mix as well, so all your bases are covered…
P.S. I also write for other sites around the web. Here are my posts elsewhere from the week…
- Fabric-Covered Notebooks DIY (original tutorial)
- DIY Art Caddy for the Kiddos (original tutorial)
- Father’s Day Gift Guide: 12 Great Gifts for Cool Dads
- How To: Make a Pallet Playhouse for the Kiddos in Time for Summer
- Roundup: 18 DIY Planters, Pots and Other Decorative Ideas
Have a great weekend!
If you have time for a tutorial (or two) this weekend, these are a handful of my recommendations. There are so many awesome DIYs floating around internet land right now, I couldn’t resist sharing a few more than usual.
Here are 13 DIYs to try this weekend…
I also write for other sites around the web. Here are my recent posts elsewhere…
- Roundup: 18 DIY Planters, Pots and other Decorative Ideas
- IKEA Hack: Distressed Wood Shelves DIY
- Before and After: Geo-Inspired Coffee Table Makeover
- Roundup: 15 Budget-Friendly Outdoor Textiles We Love
- Make It: Upholstered Garden Cart DIY
- Make It: How to Build a Random-Pattern Brick Pathway from Scratch
Hope you have a great weekend!
I am starting to feel like color + DIY = happiness at this point (at least in blogland). So, to send you off into the weekend with a smile, I’ve rounded up the coolest, most colorful craft projects I could find. Enjoy!
- The One Hour Skirt DIY by Brett for Kollabora
- DIY Studded Zipper Pouch by Lauren for Say Yes to Hoboken
- DIY Fruit Honeycomb Garland by The House that Lars Built
- Blocktagon Candle DIY by Homemade Modern
- Embroidered Constellation Runner by Jessica for Design Sponge
- Easy Geometric Cake Toppers by Jenny for Minted
- Paper Fan Garland DIY by Oh Happy Day
P.S. I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts from the week…
- 20 Great DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- 15 Cool Ways to Display Photography and Family Photos
- Make It: Color Pop Bench DIY
Hope you have a great weekend!
Most of the time, I reserve DIY projects for the adults, around here. But today, I’m excited to share some awesome craft projects for kids, thanks to the folks at Kiwi Crate, for all you parents out there.
If you aren’t familiar with this subscription-based service, let me give you a quick run down…Kiwi Crate is basically a craft kit for kids that arrives at your doorstep once per month. Each crate contains two hands-on projects, with everything you need to complete them (supplies, directions, everything). So you don’t have to worry about heading out to the craft store to grab anything. Pretty awesome idea, huh?
I received a kit in the mail not too long ago… Now, you know I don’t have any kids of my own, but you guys, I had so much fun making these holiday projects. I was actually surprised by it. I can only imagine what a blast these easy-to-make projects are like for kids. And actually, my little niece and nephew (ages 6 and 3) have a subscription to Kiwi Crate and love it. So, there you go. It’s a good time.
Here are the projects I was able to try out…
Aren’t these ornaments cheerful? They turned out very watercolor-inspired and (bonus) the containers are plastic, so they won’t ever break.
Here’s the little cardboard gingerbread house (above) from the kit that I decorated as well. So cute. I keep thinking about what a great gift this would be for a child (and his or her parents) during the holidays. And you can actually send a subscription or a Kiwi Crate gift card to someone you love during the holidays (or any time of year) right here.
There are special holiday crates available for the holidays and fun stocking stuffer ideas as well. Of course, if you’re already all set for the gift-giving season, check out the regular crates right here.
The last day to order with guaranteed shipping by Christmas is December 19th at 12 PM PT. That’s tomorrow peeps. So get on it!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by the advertiser for this editorial feature. All opinions and ideas, however, are my own. Interested in having your own sponsored post on papernstitch? Visit the advertising page for more info.