Posts Tagged ‘gift tags’
Personally, when it comes to packaging, I tend to gravitate towards the unexpected. So when I look for holiday wrapping paper, gift tags, and other packing goodies, I typically steer clear of overly Christmas-y patterns. That said, I’ve put together a roundup of packaging products that I would love to wrap my gifts in this holiday season…
2. blue swirl wrapping paper $12
4. assorted wrapping paper $8.50
5. eco friendly wrapping paper $10
7. homage wrapping paper $12
8. happy stripe wrapping paper $8.50
9. starfetti wrap in neon $12
10. bamboo Christmas gift tags $15
11. paper poppy gift topper $14
12. presents gift tags $7.50
13. letterpress gift tags $6
14. wooden gift tags $6
15. forest floor topper in bloom $28
How do you plan to wrap your gifts this holiday season? Do you go the traditional route? Or just choose what you love, whether it feels ‘holiday-ish’ or not?
There are a few birthdays coming up in my family, so I have gifting on the brain. BUT I have a very limited supply of gift wrapping supplies right now since most of our stuff is still in storage. So I rummaged around in my backpack and found a few things to play around with and I came up with these hand painted color block gift tags.
- small gift tags (or make your own) *Paper and Present has a good selection.
- paint pens *I use these: Elmer’s Painters Neon 5 Pack
- mini adhesive circle labels
- stamp and stamp pad (optional)
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Painted color block technique – This one is pretty straight forward. Just grab you paint pen and get to work, drawing stripes or other designs. Make sure you think about your color scheme before you get started. I tried a few colors before I landed on hot pink paint for the tags.
2. Polka dot technique – Grab your adhesive circle labels and stick them where ever you want on your tag. Then paint over the entire gift tag with your paint pen and let it dry. Carefully remove the stickers and touch up if necessary.
Here are the finished tags…
I used a stamp on a few of the tags as well. I don’t use my stamps enough. I really need to start using them more.
So what do you think?
Will you try these color block gift tags the next time you are wrapping a pressie?
I’ve been stocking up on all things organizational this month to plan out my year and one of the things that I’ve been looking at is calendars. Lots of calendars! All types of calendars too. I have already found my big wall calendar for the year, but I want something small to carry around with me wherever I go too. Maybe something like this mini calendar from Ready Go? Isn’t it cool? I really love Ready Go. And actually, I kind of feel like I need to throw a party just so I have an excuse to buy some of the other goodies in this shop - like these printable flags, gold glitter cake bunting, and these gift tags.