Posts Tagged ‘sewing’
I'm on a plane to Salt Lake City as we speak, so I asked Mariah from Everything Golden to stop by and share a (super awesome) DIY with you today. I'll be back tomorrow with some sneak peeks for Alt - hint: that secret thing I've been working on & a look at my new letterpress business cards.
Anyway, I'll let Mariah take it away...
I usually always remember to bring my canvas bags to the grocery store or farmers market. However, when I reach the fruit and vegetable section, I resort to using plastic. So I thought I'd solve this issue with making some cool re-usable bags. I found these great vintage flour bags at a local antique store and they make for the perfect material: they're recycled, durable and a great alternative to plastic! I also love the visual quality.
What you'll need:
- 1 large flour bag (found at antique stores) makes 4 - 11.5 x 8.5 bags
- A sewing machine or needle and thread
- Small rope
- Scissors and pins
- Cut the large flour bag into 4 sections.
- Then open one section and measure a piece of rope to be about 10 inches longer than the width.
- Lay the rope on the top of the fabric and fold about 1/5 inch over the rope and pin down and sew.
- You'll then tie the ends of the rope to secure it.
- Lastly, fold rights sides together and sew edges, turn right side out and wallah!
Inspired by a craft technique that I (unfortunately) have no talent in, today's post revolves around sewn project. Whether its by hand or at the machine, these DIYs will have you getting out a needle and thread. Enjoy!
1. travel sewing kit from Sew 4 Home
2. leather pocket tee diy from In Honor of Design
3. make a color block shower curtain from Martha
4. and sew a stripes + color tote from Prudent Baby
5. crochet a beaded necklace from Olive Manna on Oh, Hello Friend
6. ginormous button pillow diy from Instructables
7. how to sew a leather + fabric clutch from A Beautiful Mess
P.S. I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts for the week...
- 7 DIY Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Neon Crate and Barrel Rug Hack
- How To Dye Table Linens with Vegetables
Have a great weekend!
If you can't find what you are looking for online or at a local shop, make it yourself! Right?
I am sure that's a motto that you already live by, but just in case, here's your reminder: Awesome fashion and wearables DIYs to dive into this weekend...
1. how to make lace shorts (so cute!)
6. diy blouse makeover (the back of this top is so cool)
P.S. I also write for Curbly and Momtastic. Here are my posts from the week.
- how to make a modern candelabra
- how to build a rustic sawhorse desk without a hammer (or nails)
- how to make a paint by numbers pillow
- bake blueberry pancakes in a jar
- 6 must-visit online shops for wall art the whole family will love
Hope you have a great weekend! Catch you next week.