Posts Tagged ‘stripes’
Back to school is right around the corner, and although I don’t have kids of my own, it’s still on my mind.
So, I have a DIY for you that is back to school themed: a cute little cloud cork board to keep organized this school year. Bonus! If you don’t have kids, you can totally still make one of these…It’s perfect for a home office or in the entryway as a landing pad area for pinning up love notes, bills, etc. Hey, I managed to get the words love notes and bills in the same sentence – I think I deserve a small cookie or something.
As you can probably guess, it’s pretty easy to make, but the step by instructions are right here if you need ‘em. I would love to make a giant one of these for my (maybe one day) studio, to post to-dos and inspiration. We’ll see.
So, what do you think? Would you make one of these for yourself or is it better reserved for the kiddos?
For more DIY projects like this one, click here.
Later this week, I’ll be flying out to Cali to speak on a few panels at Craftcation and even though I have a ton of work to do before I leave, I can always make time to plan out some outfits. These are the things on my wishlist for a conference…
1. Totally want this Brook & Lyn necklace
2. A must have purse to carry a notebook and anything else you might need
3. A sweet pair of earrings
4. Shoes that don’t have to perfectly match the dress
5. A striped Zara dress that looks professional but cool
The best part of any conference (in my mind) is the downtime with new friends over dinner and drinks. So, here’s a totally different look from the first – what I would wear to a casual evening out with colleagues…
1. A spring-y shirt that says, ‘I’m friendly and approachable’
2. Comfy, cool skinny jeans from Madewell
3. Love these bracelets
4. The all black color block watch from Cold Picnic
5. A colorful clutch to hold business cards, your phone, and some cash
6. A pop of pink with Stila lip gloss
P.S. Are you going to Craftcation in Ventura this week? If so, let me know so we can meet in person and get a hug in….and maybe some drinks.
I picked up a new washi tape set a while back and have been trying to come up with ways to use it ever since. This stuff is addictive. So I grabbed a few blank notebooks that I was planning on using for another project and went to town. I realize this is rocket science here, but hey – they only took one minute to make, so I thought I would share the process in case you want to make your own…
- Choose an interesting color combo and start rolling out strips of tape into any pattern you’d like. I went with stripes – it’s quick and easy.
- After attaching each strip of tape, cut off excess, but leave room to wrap the tape around the back so it won’t come undone easily.
- Fold the excess tape over to the back and attach. All done!
Here’s the photo version of this step by step…
Take it further!
Take this simple project one step further, and stamp your own custom message into the front cover, with a wooden mallet and a set of leather stamps (like this one)…
That’s it! So simple.
What do you think? Will you be making a few of these for yourself or buddies?
P.S. I’m becoming obsessed with the leather stamp kit I used for this project, so prepare yourself for more DIYs that involve indented messages soon.