Add some artistic flair to your ensemble and turn your clothes into works of art with bright, bold prints inspired by a painter’s brush strokes.
1. The slouchy silhouette, grosgrain ribbon trim, and abstract print make this top a masterpiece – perfect for an inspiring weekend. Brushstroke tee, $68 from Anthropologie.
2. Wear this dress to a gallery opening and people won’t know which to focus on – you or the artwork! Print halter dress by BCBG, $87.90 from Saks Fifth Avenue.
3. This tunic reminds me of a super sophisticated version of a painter’s smock. Perfect with leggings and flats. Ruffle-trim tunic by Kensie, $64 from Dillard’s.
4. These adorable hot pink flats have a fun paint-splattered bow accent. I like to imagine that this is how an artist’s shoes might look after a long day in the studio! Pink flats, $48 from Esme Art.
5. This bright, cheery scarf adds a pop of color and an artsy feel to any outfit. If you’re feeling super creative, try wearing it as a head wrap or a sash belt. Eric Carl scarf, $15 from Pretty Panda.
6. A brush stroke printed t-shirt is the perfect casual attire for visiting a museum, lounging in a sculpture park, or attending an art lecture. Paint print t-shirt by Corey Lynn Calter, $56 from Bluefly.
7. The broad, blurred strokes of this skirt remind me of a watercolor painting. The flared silhouette and rich jewel tones make it a great feminine piece to add to your wardrobe. Watercolor plaid skirt, $56.40 from Dillard’s.
Lesley of 315thomas