Summer has been flying by, and fall will be here before we know it. Now’s the time to shop smart, with pieces that will take you straight through the transition.
1. This on-trend jacket is light enough to keep you comfortable on breezy summer nights, but substantial enough keep out the chill when fall rolls around. Jacket from Loft, $79.50.
2. Pair this lace dress with a cinch belt and flat sandals now for a look that’s sweetly bohemian. In the fall, it will look chic with opaque tights and a shrunken blazer. Dress from Topshop, $90.
3. A strapless romper is sexy and playful on its own for summer. For fall, wear it with tights, a long cardigan, and a skinny belt for a totally new look. Romper from Nordstrom, $48.
4. For now, throw on this lightweight patterned scarf with a swingy cami to brighten up your look. It will continue to be a great layering piece when the weather starts to cool down. Scarf from Old Navy, $12.50.
5. Flat oxfords are quirky and cute with all of summer’s dresses. Come fall, the menswear-inspired style will look sharp with a pair of tailored pants. Shoes by Envy, $59.95 from DSW.