Around the House

One of the things that I am obsessed with these days is decorating our 1930’s bungalow that my husband and I bought several years ago now. So, I thought I’d share a few snapshots from our home with you all today.

And also wanted to mention that our home was recently featured in the new issue of NEET Magazine (issue 020. pages 96-99)! The article was all about where you blog from, and features several other blogger’s homes as well (including Ez of Creature Comforts). I would love for you to check it out if you get a chance. Thanks Stephanie for inviting me to be a part of it.

You have a lovely home and lots of beautiful decorationg ideas, thanks for sharing with us!
Eve recently posted..Un article pour Fanou

Eve | September 7th, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Thanks so much Eve.

papernstitch | September 7th, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Wow, I love your house Brittni… your wall colors are all so wonderful!! And congratulations on your NEET feature.

clare | September 7th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

You wanna switch houses? Because this is lovely!
Julia recently posted..the great reveal- giveaway winner!

Julia | September 7th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Aw, thanks Clare. Glad you like the wall colors…we’ve been planning on changing them. But you’re making me re-think. And thank you Julia for the compliment. Sure, let’s switch. 🙂

papernstitch | September 7th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Really adorable house. I love the soft colors of your photos, too. I just want to cozy up on your couch (or that sweet armchair) with a cup of tea and laze away the afternoon!

.tif | September 7th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

your place is soooo lovely brittni! i love remodeling my house little by little too. i love your hello sign. is that from william duhmnan’s shop? i have one with my name from him + i love it!
Mayi Carles @ Heartmade recently posted..Im Loving- Snug

Mayi Carles @ Heartmade | September 7th, 2010 at 2:26 pm

It looks fabulous! We’ve been in our home for 3.5 years now, and it still is not looking the way I’d like it to. Oh, well, all in good time. Perhaps I shall take some tips from your lovely spaces!
Faith from OrdinaryMommy recently posted..Shimmery Hanging Pinwheels – Set of 3

Faith from OrdinaryMommy | September 7th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Well, thank you Tif. Yes, Mayi the hello sign is from William Dohman. Good eye! And Faith, we seem to be in the same boat. We are coming up on 3 years in our house at the end of this month, and we still aren’t done either. So, I know how you feel.

papernstitch | September 7th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I love how you’ve decorated your walls and I love your furniture! Everything just looks so lively and fresh.
natalyn recently posted..the waxing continues

natalyn | September 7th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

That’s your house Brittni?? I first saw the pictures and was thinking it was the hip and sophisticated pad of the latest inspiring interior decorator. But you’ve got great taste, so I’m really not surprised!! Congrats on your feature and thanks for sharing!

Mai | September 7th, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Natalyn and Mai. Yep- that’s my house Mai. What a compliment thinking that it was an interior decorator’s.

papernstitch | September 7th, 2010 at 6:28 pm

[…] I mentioned last week, I’ve become obsessed with decorating our home as of late. And as a result, I am constantly […]

paper n stitch – Mengsel for your Home - A daily dose of handmade, design, and style inspiration | September 17th, 2010 at 9:05 am

Oh, your house is gorgous. It’s peronal, clutter free, and unpretentious. Totally the vision I have for my own home.

Audrey | March 4th, 2011 at 4:47 pm