End of Summer

pool parties

I know summer is not technically over yet, but September 21st will be here before you know it. So I’m trying to savor all the summer I can right now with pool parties, walks by the river, and ice cream. Lots of ice cream. That way, when the time finally comes to give summer a little send off, I’ll be ready. Makes sense, right?

With that in mind, to make sure I’m getting my fill of the sun season, here are 5 photos that are inspiring my end of summer days at the moment…

above. reflection in the pool from Gregory Krum (found via Design Crush)

ice cream / sorbet

yummy ice cream recipe from Souvlaki For The Soul

flamingos

flamingos from Bleubird

paris (via lovely indeed)

pieces of Paris from Lovely Indeed

hammock

a colorful hammock from Casa Vogue (found via designlovefest)

What about you? Are you ready for summer to be over or are you sad to see it go?

i want to pop in that hammock with all the ice cream you mentioned and just rock-a-shay while i read a book. and then swim in the lake. and then have a bbq. so… no. not really ready for summer to be over 🙂

jennifer prod | September 5th, 2013 at 10:30 am

Right there with you Jennifer!

papernstitch | September 5th, 2013 at 10:59 am

I’m really ready for fall! I love all the curling up in cozy blankets, rainy days, warm drinks, comfort food… so good. That said, I’d be pretty ok with it if we skipped winter this year and went straight back to spring after fall!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog
Becca recently posted..DIY Decorated Clothes Hanger

Becca | September 5th, 2013 at 11:14 am

I love those gorgeous reflections in the blue still pool of water. Beautiful photo!

katana | September 5th, 2013 at 11:46 am

I’m right there with you, as you know! I hope summer never ends! That ice cream photo is awesome, and I definitely need that hammock in my life.

Kelly @ Studio DIY | September 5th, 2013 at 11:51 am

I could just see me reading a book on the hammock. So relaxing. It will be summer here in Texas for a few more months.
Necole@seriouslysassymama recently posted..My Abs Hurt So Good

Necole@seriouslysassymama | September 5th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Love all of these photos- that ice-cream looks delicious & I could sleep and read in that hammock for hours. 🙂
Kayli Schattner recently posted..The Secret to Getting Through my Work Week: A Drink Recipe

Kayli Schattner | September 5th, 2013 at 1:23 pm