7 Reasons to Be Pretty in Pink

sequin apple from ban.do

Let’s be real – not all pinks are created equal.

There are some real granny looking shades of this color out there. But there are also plenty of awesome, modern shades, tones, and saturations of pink that make this color way cooler than my fifth grade self could have ever expected. And I’ve been noticing them popping up more and more on my pinboards lately.

So, I figured it would be fun to round up some of my fave pinks to start the week off on a cheerful note…

1. (above) sequin candy apple from Ban.do

Pink Wall at Blogshop

2. pink photo party from Designlovefest

Pink Candies from Studio DIY

3. a pink sugar fix from Studio DIY

3 feet tall DIY pink heart

4. giant pink heart DIY photo prop from Paper & Stitch

Pink Wall / Say Yes

5. pink walls + popsicles from Say Yes

Young Frankk necklace + pink blouse

6. awesome jewelry + a pretty pink blouse from Young Frankk

Even grumpy cat likes pink

7. even grumpy cat likes pink (sort of) from Times

P.S. I’ve only started liking pink within the last year or two. I’ve never been much of a girlie girl, so I kind of thought that this color just wasn’t for me. But I am loving that this color has been made modern, cool, and even a minimal neutral in a strange way.

What would your vote be for pink – yay or nay?

My vote for pink would be “yay”. I have to confess that I used to hate it, but now looking at it just makes me happy. Thanks for starting off the week with this cheerful post!

-Helen Grace

Helen Grace recently posted..Vegan Mixed Berry and Caramel Crumble

Helen Grace | May 19th, 2014 at 10:40 am

I definitely agree with you, Helen Grace. I’ve made that 180 degree change from hating it to loving it as well.

Brittni | May 19th, 2014 at 10:50 am

I’m going through a real pink fest stage at the moment…to the point it’s scaring me!!

Jessica Rose | May 19th, 2014 at 10:53 am

Haha. I know what you mean, Jessica.

Brittni | May 19th, 2014 at 10:54 am

I would definitely vote a big fat YES to pink!
Abigail Hortegas recently posted..Inspiration: Life as a Buzzfeed Quiz

Abigail Hortegas | May 19th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I love pink, always have.
When I first met my SO, I told him that Pink was my favourite colour – but not “PINK” (insert girly voice here) but “pink” (insert calmer voice). He asked the difference.
One is the awful candy shade of eye popping pink that gets a bad name, the second, is the beautiful shades of pink that you see above!

Amalia | May 19th, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I fully understand. Not particularly girly myself. Pink became my go-to color about 10 years ago. With a hubby and two sons I was surrounded by all things masculine. I rebelled and started infusing my life with pink personal items. I’ve mellowed a bit and I now go for lime green, orange or hot pink. Still a pretty girly mix.
Gayle recently posted..Graduation and a Gift

Gayle | May 19th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

The other day I realised how much pink stuff I have recently brought. I remember the days where I wouldn’t even go near the colour (okay, slight exaggeration) !!
Casey recently posted..Photography Instinct: What’s on my camera

Casey | May 19th, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I love pink! it makes me so happy, it works with my complexion and it just looks fun. So much all round WIN!
Measure Twice Cut Once recently posted..Red

Measure Twice Cut Once | May 20th, 2014 at 4:34 am

I am not a girly girl either and pink has never been my go to color. But, if it is paired right with a nice color, I will go for it.

Nan | May 20th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

[…] PINK! […]

Happy Memorial Day Weekend | SHINY | PRETTY | HAPPY | May 23rd, 2014 at 8:30 am

This is such a cute post! I’ve always been a blue lover, not much of a girlie girl, but I’ve discovered that a little pink can be a good thing! It is a happy colour. Still, you’ll never see me decked out in head to toe pink!
Annabel recently posted..Mental Health Awareness Month

Annabel | May 24th, 2014 at 8:58 am

[…] Reasons so be pink? I can get behind this. […]

Fun Stuff • Cat Clocks + Watercolors + Overalls | The Pink SamuraiThe Pink Samurai | May 24th, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I think pink can grow up with you, from candy fluros to elegant pastels, I love pink now more than ever.

Kiki McQueen | May 25th, 2016 at 6:56 am