One of my favorite food holidays of the year is finally here! Happy national s’more day!!
To get the festivities started, I shared these s’more waffle sandwiches last week, and today I have 7 brand new s’more recipes to get this Monday started on the right foot. Let’s do this!
1. Honey House S’mores: Chocolate, cookies, marshmallows, and honey! These are SO good. If you’ve never tried honey s’mores, you should probably stop reading this and give a try. I’ll wait. The house shaped cookies I used are from Amazon.
2. Key Lime Meringue S’mores: These are a fun one because the it’s a little outside the traditional s’more box. To make your own, you’ll need vanilla or lime meringues, candied lime slices (use this recipe and swap the blood oranges out for limes), toasted marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbles.
3. Nutella Caramel Animal S’mores: For this one, you’ll need animal crackers, nutella, and toasted caramel marshmallows (which are SO good). I put nutella on each animal cracker, toasted the caramel marshmallows and sandwiched them together.
4. Lemon Curd S’mores: If you like lemons, this one;s for you… All you need are a couple of graham crackers, lemon curd (make a homemade version with this recipe by switching out the pineapple juice for lemon), and toasted marshmallows.
5. Brownie S’mores: Brownie crisps plus colorful toasted marshmallows are a pretty good mix for this simple s’more. The colorful marshmallows I used are from here.
6. Pizzelle S’mores: And last but not least…pizzelle twisted marshmallow s’mores. Yum! I couldn’t find a link to the marshmallows I used for this one, but it came packaged on a lollipop stick and was in the carnival candy section at World Market, if you want to use the same ones.
7. Pretzel S’mores: This is one of my favorites…salty and sweet in one bit. I used pretzel chips, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. But I think a little bit of homemade dulce de leche drizzled on top would turn these s’mores up even more.
Photography and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Did your favorite flavor combo make the list? If not, what is your favorite way to make s’mores?