Our House in Mollie Makes Magazine

Entryway with lots of natural light

I’ve shared little snippets of our home here and there, but I’ve never really shared our place as a whole. Changing that today though, because our little ATL rental was just featured in the newest issue of Mollie Makes magazine (issue 70).

Amelia shot all of the photos and we just kind of spent the day working through the different areas. It was a really fun day, actually, since it’s rare that anyone comes over to the house anymore.

I did have to do some deep cleaning beforehand though – let’s be real. My house is never as clean as it is in the pictures. But for the most part, I kept everything as I normally have it. Not a whole lot of extra styling, etc. I wanted everything to feel natural and true to how it typically is day to day.

Desk inspiration

If you’re able to snag a copy of the mag, you can read through all 5 pages (it goes more into depth about the furniture pieces we have in our home, where I found them, funny little stories about certain items, etc). Either way though, here are some of the photos and outtakes…

Eclectic modern living room inspiration

Workspace inspiration

Eclectic modern living room inspiration

Platform bed + windowpane bedding

Eclectic modern living room inspiration

Churner dining table + Jens Risom chairs

Vintage teak dresser in the bedroom

Eclectic mid-century living room inspiration

Colorful + bright workspace with lots of windows.

Photography Amelia Tatnall Lawrence

Have any questions about where a particular piece in our house is from, etc? Let me know. Happy to answer.

It’s such a beautiful space, I love every detail!
Michelle recently posted..DIY | 3 Ways To Embellish A Pumpkin

Michelle | October 13th, 2016 at 9:23 am

Aw, thanks Michelle. We’ve been enjoying living here so far. 🙂

Brittni | October 13th, 2016 at 9:44 am

So beautiful and bright! Your house is a true happy place <3
Corina Nika recently posted..BLACK CATS

Corina Nika | October 13th, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Thanks Corina. 🙂

Brittni | October 13th, 2016 at 5:00 pm

So thoughtfully decorated, I love it.

Pauline | October 14th, 2016 at 2:29 am

Did you move your tv or is your sofa really just pointed at some artwork? Either way, gorgeous space!
Eliza recently posted..Build a terrible cabinet to hide an in-wall air conditioner! (Part 3: Legs and brackets)

Eliza | October 16th, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Aw, thanks Pauline.

Brittni | October 16th, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Hi Eliza. Yep, its pointed at artwork. We’ve really gone back and forth on having the tv in the main living space…We’ve moved it out of the space and back in a couple of times now. And at the time of shooting this for the magazine, the tv wasn’t in the space. It’s since come back into the space because its hard to be without a tv in living room for too long, for us at the moment. But it’s a constantly battle between not wanting to change the vibe of the space by having a television and wanting things to be practical. That was a really long answer for your question, but I hope that explains it. 🙂

Brittni | October 16th, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Oh man, the tv struggle is real. My apartment is tiny so having a tv in the living room is non-negotiable, but I have a tv in the bedroom that I keep on the floor hidden behind my curtains when I’m not using it. I wonder if we’ll ever return to the days when tvs were glamorous and encased in excellent furniture.

Eliza | October 16th, 2016 at 11:32 pm

You have taste.

Style.

Fashion.

The dog on the bed?

Godlove | October 17th, 2016 at 4:38 am

Beautiful House…

Leather Bag | October 17th, 2016 at 5:46 am

Totally hear you on the tv struggle, Eliza! We don’t have the right type of house for it at the moment, but I like the idea of having a concealed tv (over a fireplace behind a hinged piece of artwork, etc). For now though, I’m right there with you on the struggle. Insert crying emoji here. 🙂

Brittni | October 17th, 2016 at 7:57 am

What a cozy home!! Love the straight design 🙂

Katrin | October 20th, 2016 at 3:41 am

Where did you get your coffee table? I’m having a hard time finding one that isn’t 5 ft long and yours looks like the perfect width

Caroline P | October 27th, 2016 at 11:39 am

Hi Caroline. Our coffee table is a Nelson platform bench from DWR. Here’s the link: http://rstyle.me/n/b4gyydmvmw

Brittni | October 27th, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Love it, B! The color palette and mix of artwork is so spot on. Crazy about your bed frame, too. Where does a lady find that? We majorly need to upgrade our bed, but really want to keep it simple since our room is teensy.
Cyd recently posted..Easy Spooky Halloween Party Decor

Cyd | October 28th, 2016 at 10:30 am

Thanks Cyd. 🙂 The bed frame is from DWR. Here’s the link: http://rstyle.me/n/b4jr96mvmw It’s a bit pricey, but worth it (in my opinion)…I think we’ve had it for 3 or 4 years now and it still looks as good as new. 🙂 Hope that helps.

brittni | October 29th, 2016 at 12:22 am

Brittni! Your place is gorgeous! When do I move in? 🙂 xoxo
Melanie Biehle recently posted..Art to Go, Ready for Travel

Melanie Biehle | October 31st, 2016 at 10:00 am

Thanks Melanie!!! How are you? It’s been so long.

Brittni | October 31st, 2016 at 10:03 am

I’m good! Making a lot of art. Just got back from a trip to L.A. where I soaked up some sun and some new inspiration! Let me know if you ever make it back here. I miss our coffee talks. 🙂
Melanie Biehle recently posted..Art to Go, Ready for Travel

Melanie Biehle | October 31st, 2016 at 4:04 pm

I love the chairs at the dining room table. Where are they from or are they a DIY?

Regine from The 256 Project | November 12th, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Regine. The dining chairs are Risom side chairs from DWR. Here’s the link: http://rstyle.me/n/b5t8yzmvmw

Brittni | November 12th, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Can you share where you got the print with the woman posing in her bathing suit?

Jonathon Arntson | December 11th, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Sure Jonathan. It’s from Leah Goren: http://shop.leahgoren.com

Brittni | December 11th, 2016 at 5:04 pm

What a beautiful place. I’ve never heard of the magazine but thanks for sharing photos of your lovely abode.
Jade recently posted..The World is our Souk: Mutrah Souk, Muscat Oman

Jade | March 7th, 2017 at 10:33 pm

[…] Top feature photo by Amelia Lawrence from my house tour. […]

Desk Jockey: 28 Cool Desk Accessories You Need Right Now | October 24th, 2017 at 8:05 am