Cement and concrete are not typically my go-to materials for DIYs, but these projects are so neat, they have me convinced I need to make a trip to Home Depot.
By the way… In preparing this post, I discovered that there is a difference between concrete and cement (the words cannot be used interchangeably). Did you know that? So this roundup is actually a combination of cement and concrete projects.
1. (above) How to make a concrete vase with a mailing tube!
2. How to add color to concrete (from me)
3. Knotted cement rope idea from Craft Berry Bush
4. Ikea hack concrete table lamp DIY (from me)
5. DIY cement ring holders from We Love Handmade
6. DIY desk accessory made of concrete
7. Copper and concrete plant stand from Camille Styles
8. DIY concrete lamp idea from Instructables
And as a little bonus project, this colored plaster DIY I created is similar to concrete and can be recreated using either material. What project do you think would be the easiest to try?
Leave your response in the comments below.
P.S. I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts from the week:
- How to monoprint fabric for DIY home projects
- A before and after living room transformation
- How to make a minimal table lamp
- 7 sweet treats to keep you cool this summer
- 8 DIY table runner ideas
Have a great weekend!