Okay. Okay. No one has ever actually called me a bench wench. But hey, it makes for a snappy title. And envisioning what an actual bench wench might be like, brings a smile to my face.
Can you picture it? She (or he) attempts to hoard full-size benches under her (or his) coat, whenever one tickles her (or his) fancy. Now, that’s dedication!
And while I’m not so into these four-legged pieces of furniture that I’d attempt hoarding one, coat-style, I’m still definitely a fan… There won’t be a wall in my next house dedicated to benches. That’s just for chairs. Remember? But I love them enough to dedicate a whole post to it. Which counts for something, in my book.
So here’s a little bench inspiration for this week’s Interior Obsessions post…
1. (above) Closeup of the Nelson bench in my workspace, right now.
2. The most amazing built-in bench.
3. A super long wood bench in the bedroom? Sure! Why not.
4. A DIY wood plank and cinderblock bench.
5. This Y leg bench is pretty great.
6. An awesome DIY wood and wool bench that I’d love to make.
7. One more from my workspace.
8. Pretty sure that this bench is what my dreams are made of! It may be considered a lounge, but for our purposes, it’s a bench. A very awesome bench.
What’s your current interior obsession?
8 comments | Click here to reply
some seriously gorgeous benches here. and styled so gorgeously!
a simple elegance
LOVE the Y bench!Sarah from Creating Contentment
Ooh I really like the one with the wool cozy on it. It looks so comfortable and inviting! I wonder if it’d be hard to make!Tomiko
I’ve never really thought about benches. I like!Christina
I agree with you, Gianna. There are tons of options out there!Brittni
I like the sweet low one in the bedroom. It looks like a comfy place to sit with legs stretched out and chat. I simply love all the crazy things people can do with benches.Gianna
Yeah, that’s a fun one, Sarah. Good choice.Brittni
Loving the DIY wood plank version! Gorgeous! x