I’m back from my trip to North Carolina – popping in before the new year to take a quick walk down memory lane. As cheesy as it may be, it only seemed right to share a few of my favorite blog moments from 2013, before the new year rolls in.
So, in no particular order, here are my top 11 moments from 2013…
1. Two words. Flower tutorials. I was really happy to be able to collaborate with an amazing flower company and some very talented ladies this year to bring a few big flower projects to life (like this one for a fresh flower lampshade made of dahlias, calla lilies, and more).
2. Gab from The Artful Desperado and I went to New York City to design and decorate a dining room from scratch, for Curbly. Subsequently, that trip actually changed my opinion of NYC. I hadn’t really appreciated it much before that trip. It was too intimidating for me. But after walking around the city with Gab, a lot of (strong) drinks, and an amazing breakfast, I am definitely a fan. I can’t wait to go back!
4. Brittany from The House that Lars Built interviewed me for Uppercase Magazine, which happens to be one of my favorite magazines. I was fortunate enough to be in handful of other publications the year as well, like Mollie Makes, COUCH, Ladies Home Journal, and Cloth.
6. In November, I worked with Scotch Tape, to create what ended up being my most pinned project of the year (pinned over 23,000 times – you guys are awesome!). Sarah Eddy was the photographer. Image above is an outtake from that shoot. In case you need a laugh.
7. I launched my first online course with Skillshare for DIY bloggers, called the How To on How Tos. There are more than 250 students who have signed up for the class so far. Wanna join? Visit this link.
9. I also created some DIYs for DIY Network (like this one)…
10. And Project Wedding (like this one).
11. Jeff and I added Franz and Gertie to our family. Dang, these cats are growing bigger by the day.
What are your favorite moments from this year? Anything in particular that sticks out in your mind?