Did you design your blog to fit in perfectly with the rest in your niche? Do you sell similar products, stage your photos a similar way? Stop! You’re analyzing your competition the wrong way. There’s an easier way to come out on top; win against the competition and offer what they can’t- You!
It’s exhausting to “Be Someone Else”.
You’re priming yourself for burnout by trying too hard to fit in. Be real and create what comes naturally. In addition to presenting polished and complete work, you should present work that’s completely you in every way.
The Benefits of Being Yourself:
There are so many benefits that come with putting a little of yourself in everything your business offers:
1. The Struggle Ceases: Workflow is smooth and natural when you’re simply”¦yourself.
2. Your Audience will Come: Being yourself will bring you the right audience.
3. No One Else has it: You’re the unique asset in your art. No one else can offer it.
Inserting the Real You Into Your Business:
Applying yourself to your business is tricky. Of course, there’s some filtering and editing to do, but the result should still bear your signature:
1. Exclude Influences: Make some time to create without influences. Turn off the computer and TV. Work without referencing your favorite websites and magazines.
2. Offer Your Talents: Use your unique talents to make your brand pop and stand out in your niche.
For example, I love drawing comics. I could start a weekly “Adventures in Thrifting” comic on my blog. (Featuring my favorite things: robots and zombies!)
You’re Still a Professional.
Being yourself doesn’t mean getting overly comfortable and releasing inferior work. Continue to distribute quality work that you’re proud of, just make sure you work some of your divine spark in to the mix. The right audience will find your work. They’ll see a little of themselves in it and relate to it. When they do, they’ll be back for more.
Remember: Just being yourself is your ultimate tool for standing out and making your mark, both on the web and in the creative community.
*image Be Yourself