While we’ve been sidetracked by brown, grey, winter white, and even pink in the past, based on the runways for Fall ’09, it’s looking like black is the new black. Here are some great transition pieces that will take you from spring to fall, all in the “it” color of the coming season.
1. The little black dress is a wardrobe staple, and asymmetrical styles have been really popular lately. This one-shoulder dress would fit in perfectly at any cocktail party or night on the town. The sheath silhouette is classic, but the pleated shoulder detail gives it a fun, flirty twist. Little black dress, about $55 from ASOS (prices are in British pounds).
2. Harem pants are a must-have item this year. This black knit pair is just the right mix of comfy and chic – perfect for lounging around the house or running errands around town. Knit harem pants, $26 from Twelve by Twelve.
3. This shrunken menswear style blazer is so chic. Wear it with a flirty floral sundress and gladiator sandals for summer, and layer on chunky scarves and opaque tights as the weather starts to cool down. Menswear blazer by Silence & Noise, $78 from Urban Outfitters.
4. These patent leather zip-up booties are the best of both worlds – super cute and super versatile. Find a pair you love and you’ll wear them with everything from jeans to dresses to business suits. Patent oxford booties, $26.99 from Charlotte Russe.
5. A high-waisted black skirt is a timeless classic that will never go out of style. Pick one with interesting details like this exposed zipper to stand out from the crowd. Ziplock skirt by Mink Pink, $66 at Revolve Clothing.
6. Don’t forget the accessories! This black lace, grosgrain ribbon and jewel necklace definitely makes a statement. The unexpected combination of materials is totally in line with trends from the runways, and the price is unbeatable! Ribbon necklace, $6.80 from Forever 21.
Thanks for reading… see you next week for more Fashion Finds!
Lesley of 315thomas