OmbrÃ© is a dye technique in which articles of clothing are suspended or dipped a pool of dye, allowing the color to slowly make its way up into the fabric. The result is a soft, natural look with hues fading from dark to light… and a great way to add some gorgeous color to your wardrobe.
1. This blue ombrÃ© number is the perfect party dress – sophisticated and festive at the same time. OmbrÃ© silk dress by Madison Marcus, $95.17 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
2. This pretty peach halter is the perfect summer top. The fabric is breezy and light, and the matching drawstring tie emphasizes your waist. Chiffon halter top from Charlotte Russe, $19.99.
3. A dip-dyed tank in a saturated hue is a great wardrobe basic. layer it under a blazer or pair it with a fun summer skirt for a cool, casual look. OmbrÃ© boy tank from Delia*s, $19.50.
4. The gradated stripes on this tote are a fun take on the ombrÃ© trend. The perfect tote to hold your groceries or library books! Striped jersey tote from Old Navy, $8.
5. These ombrÃ© fabric-wrapped earrings add a unique and colorful twist to basic hoops. Fabric earrings from CachÃ©, $19.50.
6. A tiered mini skirt in subtle shades of navy and royal blue is the perfect day-to-evening piece. Wear it to work with a cami and blazer, then ditch the jacket and pile on some funky jewels for a night on the town! Tiered skirt by Plastic Island, $128 from Chick Downtown.
7. When your outfit needs a serious shot of color, try this cheerful bright pink and orange scarf. Radiant ombrÃ© scarf from Anthropologie, $49.95.
Lesley of 315thomas
3 comments | Click here to reply
I love your selections, Brittni! The colors are mouthwatering and so Summery. 🙂vicki (simply hue)
Oh, look at that dress! What I love most about the OmbrÃ© look is that it is completely doable for at home diy projects…I am thinking soft, flow-y drapes would be nice and easy. Don’t ya think?papernstitch
Lovely… that skirt is gorgeous 🙂Zoe, Conversation Pieces