Sheer fabrics were all over the runways for fall 2009, so they are expected to be a huge trend for the coming season. Embrace the style by picking up one of these pretty pieces and adding an ethereal, feminine touch to your wardrobe.
1. The peachy pink color and frothy tutu skirt of this dress scream girly girl, but the studded details toughen it up a bit. Try pairing it with a leather motorcycle jacket for a fun, rocker-chic look. Dress from Topshop, $125.
2. The wispy ruffled details and dainty rosebuds on this aqua chiffon top will are super sweet, and the mint and pink color scheme looks almost good enough to eat! Titania top from More is More, $50.
3. This sheer knit tunic with loop detail at the neckline is a versatile piece that will look great on any figure. Tunic from Free People, $88.
4. A great scarf is the perfect way for the more timid fashionista to integrate the sheer trend into their wardrobe. I love the rich turquoise color, soft jersey fabric, and floral pattern of this one. Floral burnout scarf from Old Navy, $10.
5. Opaque tights were all the rage last fall… try something different this season by picking up some sheer, colorful legwear. This pink pair is flirty without being too flashy. Sheer tights from Express, $5.99.
6. This sheer mesh and lace vest is a really pretty and unique layering piece. Try it over a little black dress for a vintage-inspired look or throw it on with a simple tee and jeans to dress up a casual look. Vest from Urban Outfitters, $68.
Lesley of 315thomas