Even though it’s still early spring, the season is really starting to heat up here on the East Coast (it’s supposed to reach 90 degrees today!), so I’m starting to think of ways to add a little spice to my look. The spring and summer runways were chock full of tribal details like intricate beading, saturated colors, and bold, ethnic patterns. Just one great statement-making piece can add a serious kick to any outfit!
1. Bikini season is almost here! You will sizzle in this sexy Ikat printed number with wood bead ties. Beaded Ikat string bikini, $25.60 from Forever 21 (top and bottom sold separately).
2. If you’re a bit shy when it comes to trying out fashion-forward looks, this belt is for you. The bold, safari-inspired pattern is right on trend, but the neutral color palette tones it down for a more classic look. Straw woven belt, $8.99 from Charlotte Russe.
3. If you want to go all out, this top is for you! The gauzy, Moroccan-style printed fabric and bright beaded yoke combine for a one-of-a-kind look. Plus, the top is made to order to your specifications, so it will fit like a dream! Beaded yoke trapeze top, about $36 from Zapelle (prices are in Indian Rupees).
4. Harem pants are super hot right now. This denim pair is a subtle way to embrace the trend while keeping it versatile enough for every day wear. Harem-style jeans, $36 from LuLu’s.
5. An embellished gladiator sandal in a rich color like this royal blue suede is a great way to embrace the trend from head to toe! Bracelet sandals, $39.99 from Bakers.
6. This Aztec printed dress is a stunning, effortless piece you’ll wear all summer long. I just love the saturated jewel tones and the intricately embroidered neckline and belt. Throw it on with a pair of flip flops and some oversized shades and you’re ready to go! Anacaona Aztec chiffon dress, $52.99 from Ruche.
Hope you enjoyed my finds this week… I’m going out to get some sun!
Lesley of 315thomas
2 comments | Click here to reply
In other words, we can not resist a bit of embellishment every now and then, especially on such a simple footwear style as the sandal. Basically they can be made more interesting by little things like beads, studs, and gems.Edgardo Fashion Clothing
loooove those Harem pants. They’ve been popular oversees for a long time. I bought a few different pairs in Israel a few years ago. Glad I can buy them stateside now 🙂Chen Reichert