As anyone who knows me can tell you, I am completely obsessed with all things vintage and girly – especially vintage lace. With romantic styles ruling the runways this spring, now is the perfect time to embrace a softer style. Just a little bit of lace trim can go a long way in adding a feminine, nostalgic touch to any outfit.
1. Even though this skirt dates back to the 1980s, the silhouette is unbelievably chic and modern. And even though it’s covered in layer upon layer of ruffled lace trim, somehow it doesn’t look too fussy. Pair it with a simple tank, flats, and big sunglasses for a look that’s effortlessly stylish. Vintage black lace skirt, $34.50 from Principessa Micranie.
2. I love how this cuff combines vintage and modern materials in unexpected ways. Lace, velvet, silk, beads… what more could you want? The sophisticated color palette and mix of materials will add texture and interest to any outfit. Cranberry lace cuff by Crunchy Cute, $32.99 from Ruche.
3. This bag is made in France, and it just screams European chic! The simple, clean lines and muted color palette lend the tote an understated style, while the lace applique adds a delicate, feminine touch. This bag would be equally at home shopping at an open air market in Paris, or just running errands around town. French lace bag, $58 from Tortilla Girl.
4. This breezy chiffon cami is a great piece for the warmer days ahead. The dreamy peach color, flowing silhouette, and pretty lace trim make it perfect top for lounging around at home or going out for a casual picnic in the park. Vintage lace camisole, $75 from Mary Pearl’s Vintage.
5. If these shoes were my size, they would definitely be mine! These vintage black pumps have a built-in lace “sock” that fastens in the front with covered buttons… to die for! I’ve never seen anything quite like them before, and they are authentic vintage, so that makes them one of a kind! Lace ankle boots, $75 from Animal Head Vintage.
6. My mom bought me this necklace in a nude color for my birthday, and I am totally in love with it. A length of lace has been ruched into a pretty pouf and attached to a vintage brass cable chain – perfection! This necklace will add a lovely, femme element to even the simplest look – and it’s totally affordable, too. Romantic textile necklace, $16 from Dinosaur Toes.
7. These lace flower hair pins are so versatile! They are perfect for adding casual elegance to your everyday ponytail, but they would also be great for special occasions, adding a romantic detail to a more formal updo or chignon. Or try pinning them to your bag or lapel – the possibilities are endless! Set of two lace rose hair pins, $20 from Sugar Lotus Designs.
Stay tuned for more great finds next week!
Lesley of 315thomas