When we moved into our house last year, I had grand plans. We both did, actually. We were going to paint almost every room, remove the old curtains, add wood blinds, etc, etc. But then we moved in and life kind of got in the way. We managed to remove the old curtains and install blinds, which was great, but the painting? Not so much. I still have high hopes for a few rooms, but with this being a rental, we decided we don’t want to go too crazy, since we won’t be here forever.
Which means, I focused the majority of my decorating efforts on styling what we already have, and investing in a few new pieces that we can take with us wherever we go. And right now, my focus is whole-heartedly set on finding two perfect rugs. One for the bedroom and one for the living room.
I’ve been searching casually for months. Most of what I have found so far is too big, too small, or too expensive. But I do have my eye on a few rugs from this Etsy shop, so all is not lost. But anyway, for today’s Interior Obsessions, I thought I would round up some of the rug inspiration I’ve been hoarding lately.
1. Saw this black and white rug (above) on The Design Files and fell in love with the pattern.
2. Have had this image on one of my inspiration boards forever (also from The Design Files). That black and rug is from IKEA!
3. This beautiful rug (and house tour) that I found on Cup of Jo.
4. Still a fan of Boucherouite rugs, like this one. What about you?
5. A black and white rug to go with a, mostly, black and white room on Fashion Squad. I like it.
6. A dark rug with rich color, on Wit and Delight. (found via SF Girl By Bay)
7. A couple of smaller rugs would work too, like the ones in this house tour on Cup of Jo.
8. A big Beni Ouarain rug like this would be good for a living room.
9. And a red rug in the bedroom (from The Design Files).
What rug style do you like most? Are you drawn to any of these?
13 comments | Click here to reply
It’s crazy how big of a difference a simple rug can make!
These are so many beautiful rugs out there!Abigail Hortegas
I love #4! It looks so cozy and the pattern is really fun! Great way to bring in some colors into a room!
Lauren | http://www.livelovelauren.comLauren
you’re making want a big and beautiful rug asap! I’m a little obsessed with #3Kyra
Loving these rugs.Kristin
I really love the first one…
– Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.comChristina
Another good one, Bernado. I agree that those chairs are a great pop of color against the white rug.Brittni
These are great! My favorite is the first one at the head, but I love #8 and how the teal and the yellow pop out of all the white.Bernardo Margulisâ€”This Makes Me Happy
Right? It’s a pretty great one.Brittni
oh boy, that first one.. swoon!Corina nika
That’s a good choice, Juliana! Definitely one of my faves.Brittni
The very first one is my absolute favorite one.