Easy Summer Salad #3: Spinach Pesto Zucchini Noodle Salad Recipe
And last but not least, is a spinach pesto zucchini noodle salad, that I think you're really going to love. Two words: ricotta cheese!
Let me start by saying, I like zucchini but I don't LOVE zucchini...typically. However, this spinach pesto zucchini noodle salad is now one of my absolute favorite salads for the summer.
So even if you're not the world's biggest zucchini fan, I highly recommend giving this salad a try. It also has maple bacon if you still need a little swaying.
Zucchini Noodle Salad Base
- Zucchini Noodle Salad Base
- 16 ounces zucchini noodles
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of thick sliced maple bacon
- 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons of ricotta cheese
Spinach Pesto for Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoon of black pepper
Cook 4 slices of bacon according to the instructions on the packaging. Set aside and let cool, before chopping into small, bite-size pieces.
While waiting for the bacon to finish cooking, make the spinach pesto. To do that, combine all the spinach pesto ingredients listed in the food processor, until smooth.
Add more olive oil if desired for thinner consistency. Next, cut cherry tomatoes in half.
Combine zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, and bacon into a large bowl.
Toss in the pesto, and add parmesan and ricotta cheese. Garnish with more basil, if desired.