08/08/12
9 comments From That to This: West Elm Toothbrush Holder to DIY Vase by   |   9 comments

Some DIYs are more complicated than others, but this one couldn’t be any easier…

When I was still in Seattle (and lived directly across the street from Wets Elm) I found these toothbrush holders and fell in love with the stripes. I didn’t really need a vessel for the bathroom, so I bought one to use as a vase for tiny centerpieces instead. I use it all the time!

Tips for Creating a Similar Centerpiece: Cut the stems short (close to the vase’s opening) for a uniquely, casual look. I recommend trimming the stems under water at a 45 degree angle and removing all leaves from the stems. Water should be changed out every other day or as needed.

My favorite flowers to include in any arrangement are peonies and ranunculus, which were super easy to find in spring, but during the summer, not so much. Guess I am going to need to find a new favorite. Any suggestions?

Which kind of flowers are your favorites to include in arrangements?

photos and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff (that’s me)

9 comments to From That to This: West Elm Toothbrush Holder to DIY Vase Click here to reply

Very pretty! I use zinnia’s a lot for cut flowers and I have 5 sage bushes that have been blooming a lot this year. So I have been taking cutting off those to.
Mixed Kreations recently posted..Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake by Willow Bird Baking

Mixed Kreations commented on August 9th, 2012 at 7:46 am

oh yeah! zinnias are pretty cool looking! love the bright colors. thanks for stopping by.
-brittni

papernstitch commented on August 9th, 2012 at 11:01 am

Luv it! @papernstitch: Do you have those cool, striped toothbrush holders from @westelm ? You should turn it into this: http://t.co/yo9fciIb

Kim Vallee (@KimVallee) commented on August 9th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I just saw this pic on Facebook via Jax from Paper + Lace and had to find your blog! So impressed by this idea, looks great. I am now going to see toothbrush holders with new eyes…

Maya @ House Nerd commented on February 12th, 2013 at 7:15 am

Thanks for stopping by Maya. Glad you found me. :)

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

[...] We love this SUPER easy DIY, I think even I can pull this one [...]

Have a Fab Weekend! | House on 8th commented on June 28th, 2013 at 11:24 am

We love this SUPER easy DIY, Toothbrush Holders are pretty cool looking! love this colors. thanks for sharing.

Toothbrush commented on July 12th, 2013 at 1:57 am

I just found your website through Mod Podge Rocks blog :) So many cute ideas! I always buy the bathroom sets but never use the toothbrush holders since my electric toothbrush has it’s own holder. Now I know what to do with them ;)

Erin commented on July 22nd, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Glad you found me Erin. Thanks for stopping by!

papernstitch commented on July 22nd, 2013 at 6:44 pm